20: The Traitor [I Traitor]

Lixiss moved towards the Moonscribe Clan, thinking only about the words Riniya had spoken. Who would betray them and why? She grabbed Ava's hand and pulled her even closer. She had to reach her destination safely and protect what should be shielded. She reached Moonscribe castle when the sun had gone down and there was no one around. She walked into the entrance hall and looked around. The silence around the place was unwelcoming and her heart sank.

"Orrian?" She called and felt relief when he walked towards her from one of the doors and bowed. "This girl is hungry and tired, give her some food." Her command was obeyed and Ava was given food. It was then Lixiss realized that the girl was wearing simple white clothes, with strange patterns on it. Isilme meant moonlight in the language in which the clans spoke. The language of command and power. Lixiss stared at her with horror. Ava looked up and smiled.

"Sacred of what is designed on my dress?" Her tone was not that of a stupid girl, but a trained warrior who is no longer afraid of death.

"Who are you?"

"Me? I am the last survivor of my race. And I won't tell you what I am." She snapped and moved towards the food. She sat down like a lady and started eating like one. Lixiss sat on the opposite chair and started eating. They ate and waited for others, but none of the others came back home. It grew dark and Lixiss got more anxious and she thought twice about leaving Ava and go after others.

"They are here." It was Ava who broke the silence. Lixiss ran down the stairs, into the entrance hall, and out on the grounds, where she found Ruven dragging Thessalia with him. She was half numb with grief. Her heart sank and she tightly grasped her whip and held her scream back. Ruven stopped in front of her and glanced at Ava, who was standing behind them. She moved a step backward and Ruven turned around to find Lensa standing few feet behind them.

"Did you enjoy it?" She demanded sarcastically and glared at Thessalia. Ruven let go of his wife and moved in front of her and his sister.

"What are you talking about?" It was Thessalia who spoke.

"Where is Velana, Thessalia?" The demand and grief were so much that Ruven grit his teeth and drew his sword out.

"We don't know. She was with you." Thessalia sounded confused but she held her ground as she felt Orrian and his sister coming towards them from behind.

"She has been missing ever since your brother came back and he knows who took her away and still he isn't bringing her back!!!!" She shouted and crystals flew towards them.

"Ruven!!!" Lixiss shouted and drew her whip out and blocked her crystals and glared at Lensa. She straightened and smirked. "So, you are the traitor Riniya was talking about." It was a statement and she believed it as she spoke it. Ruven and Thessalia stared at her with utter shock.

"No!" Thessalia moaned and grabbed Ruven's arm. "No!" She felt as if she would faint and never wake up.

"She is clever than I thought," Lensa said and attacked again.

"Lensa, no!!" Thessalia screamed and pushed Ruven away as she moved towards her friend. "You can't!! You know what the cost of treachery is."

"I don't care anymore, Thessalia. It is Ailwin who betrayed me. I will kill you to take revenge for him." And she released her powers.

"Stop!!" Lixiss shouted and hit her whip in front of herself and fire rose high and the crystals were gone. "Ruven, take her and go away." She moved forwards and her brother grabbed Thessalia's hand and dragged her inside along with Ava, Orrian, and his sister.

"There is a hidden passage that will lead us to the Bloodfire Clan. Come." Thessalia said and lead the way. After opening the trapdoor Ruven moved away and let Ava climb down along with Orrian's sister. "Come," Thessalia said and raised her hand.