Chapter 25: Telling Him Everything

Ross' PoV

Her hazel eyes struggle to meet mine; her beautiful face overtaken by a meek expression.

 "Marriya?" I ask gently.

What?"

"You don't have to do this if you don't to. If you are doing this for me-" I begin rambling, but she soon cuts me off.

 "I was about 14 and a half when I met him."

"Who?" I whisper.

"My first and only boyfriend before you," she replies. "He was older than me, but I didn't really care. Any kid who had a boyfriend was automatically cool, not to mention one that was in a higher grade."

"What happened?" I urge her.

"We started dating not even two weeks after we met. He was amazing. I honestly never dreamed of having a boyfriend so strong, handsome, funny, just so... perfect," she pauses, meeting my eyes. "This was before I met you."

 eaching forward, I grab her hands in mine. As she continues to speak, I rub circles on the back of them with my thumb.

“Things went great for the first bit. I actually believed he loved me as much as I loved him,” Marriya’s shaky voice continues. Tears begin streaming down her face, but her voice remains. “Looking back, I don’t think he ever loved me.”

“Oh, Mar,” I murmur, reaching out for her.

Immediately, her body melts into my arms. Her chest racks with sobs; tears continue to fall from her eyes.

“I… I’m sorry,” she manages as she sits up, wiping her eyes and breathing deeply.

“It’s okay,” I reply softly.

“When things started to get bad, I blamed myself for everything that happened. I justified him hurting me by telling myself I did something wrong to deserve it. The first time he hit me was just after a date. He walked me to my door to say goodnight, then called me beautiful.” She pauses, biting down on her quivering lip. “He got angry that all I said was thank you. He hit me into the door, and my head started bleeding. The second I cried out in pain, he apologized. He said he loved me.”

“How long did this go on for?” I ask quietly.

“Almost a year,” Marriya answers. “It just continued getting worse, and I continued blaming myself. I have so many scars, and each one holds its own daunting memory.”

“Did he ever...” I trail off.

“No. It was really close though.”

“What do you mean ‘close’?”

“I mean he tried. He came over to my house after school, and we were in my room. He was just so much stronger than me that I didn’t stand a chance of protecting myself. I begged him to stop,” she murmurs, fresh tears welling in her eyes. “I pleaded with him, told him I didn’t want to. He wouldn’t listen, though. He just laughed and continued what he was doing.”

“How did you get away?” I ask, my voice barely a whisper.

Anger boils in my veins, but I don’t let it show. She didn’t deserve any of the shit this guy put her though. She is way too perfect for any guy, me included, but especially him.

“My little sisters came home. He got so mad at me for letting them in, but I didn’t care. We got into a huge fight, but I knew what I was getting myself into. He hurt me, but I stopped backing down.”

“Is that how you finally broke up with him?”

“No, actually, it was a Facebook status,” she laughs half-heartedly

I cock my head slightly, furrowing my brow.

“I posted on Facebook about how a big part of my life was over, but I would be okay. I said a small part of my heart would always belong to him, but this was for the best. After that, he couldn’t make me stay with him. Everyone believed us to be broken up, so he had to accept it too,” she finishes.

“You are without a doubt the most brilliant girl I have ever had the pleasure to lay my eyes on,” I murmur.

“I’m glad that part of my life was over, but I wasn’t lying when I said a piece of my heart will always belong to him,” Marriya whispers. “He made me into the person I am today. He taught me how to be strong, even though he was the reason I needed to be.”

“One more thing, Marriya,” I say. “What was his name?”

Her eyes drift away from mine, mindlessly scanning the room before settling on our intertwined fingers.

“Jeremy.”

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

So here it is! I know this was kind of a boring chapter, but I hope you all enjoyed it! I realized a litter bit ago that it was probably very obvious that she used to be dating Jeremy, but none the less, what do you guys think? Please vote and leave me a comment on your thoughts. I seriously love reading all you ghuys have to say to me.

~ Hannah xxx