XXVII

.

.

.

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y S E V E N

.

olivia's point of view

The look on his face that I just lifted my eyes literally spoke disbelief, disappointment, anger, sadness and fear. He was taking on this situation as negative as it could possibly go.

My gaze ripped back to the floor, watching as his feet stepped further away from mine. They had been so close just a moment ago, his lower body staying situated as his upper body and hands showed all the care he wanted to insist towards me as the rested on my cheeks, finding a way to comfort me through the unknown cause of my uneasiness and sadness.

But that was quickly over as soon as I spat it out to him.

He knows now. I was pregnant. With his child.

The thoughts running through his mind, I imagine, would be endless. My mind however, was only filled with two thoughts. One, being the realisation beginning to dawn on me, more than three people now knew about my pregnancy.

My boyfriend of almost three years, in which I was determined was the love of my life, knew about me being pregnant with his child. It suddenly dawned of me, fanning the other thought in my mind to the back and almost out of my brain.

This second thought was just me, mentally, praying, begging, ready to get on my knees before him, making sure he didn't leave me. Christ, I would wrap my arms around his lower body and let him walk out with me dragging behind on the floor, if it meant he wouldn't leave me.

I knew he would be negative about the situation, with emotions rising in both of us, but I knew anger was rising in him.

I could tell.

His nostrils were flaring and his breathing became so rapid it looked like he'd just run a marathon. His chest; rising, falling, rising, falling; up and down.

It seemed as it was never going to stop.

It took me a while to realise, but he was still silently, and effortlessly taking small steps back, away from me. He looked at me as if I were the plague. Like some sort of disease you could catch, he looked at me, disgust filled in his eyes. It was in that moment I literally thought he fell out of love with me in that split second.

I thought that he maybe considered his love would be better if it were spared for another woman.

But maybe I was going to far. I stopped the now continuous flow instead of the same two thoughts in my head and looked up, fixing my gaze on Roger instead of his shoes that were slowly becoming further away from me.

I looked at him, and he started shaking his head in disbelief.

I knew it. Disbelief.

The way he shook his head reminded me of the day I found out I was pregnant with our child. The time I looked straight in the mirror, shaking my own head in disbelief as I came to the realisation that there was a small human growing inside of me.

The way my neck felt as I shook my head violently as I looked straight into Mary's eyes, full of sadness and despair as I found out I was pregnant, with a life that wasn't stable enough, at least not stable enough to raise a child. It's exactly what I thought. I'd never imagine myself dating one of my best friends, in which was a drummer, in one of the biggest and upcoming bands in history, with a job in a cafe.