XXXIII

.

.

.

C H A P T E R T H I R T Y T H R E E

.

third person point of view

With her hand gripping his with more than enough strength to try and coax her nerves, Roger pulled her out from behind him where she stood once stepping foot out of the taxi that slowed to a stop in front of a long driveway to a small cottage.

As soon as Roger pulled her out from behind him, one single high pitched scream was heard.

"Roger! You're home!" The voice shouted, followed by heavy thuds of what Olivia assumed was the human running towards him, which indeed, was true as Roger let go of Olivia's hand to catch a shorter girl, probably about Olivia's age or slightly younger, into his arms.

"Hello, Claire, love. Miss me did you?" He asked, putting her down.

"Of course not, just trying to set a good impression on your future wife!" She exclaimed, pushing Roger out of the way and stepping forward to a smiling Olivia, whose nerves had vanished in the fifteen seconds Roger hadn't been holding her hand.

"And you must be Olivia!" She said, stepping forward and bringing her into a massive hug. "I've waited so long to meet you, you're just as beautiful as Roger describes over the phone."

"Thank you so much Claire, it's an honour to meet you, like, I can't believe I'm only meeting you now, after how long Roger and I have known each other? Wow!"

"You're telling me love, I've really learnt he sucks at introducing me to people, especially important ones like his family." She said, pulling on his arm as he retrieved his spot next to her as he rolled his eyes in response before all heads turned and perked up at the sound of a very loud gasp coming from not to far ahead of where they were standing at the end of the driveway.

"Roger... my god, Roger!" An older women gasps in surprise and emotion as she steps forward.

"Hey Mum." He says soothingly, stepping forward into her hug and going to rub her hair as she dug her head into his shoulder, presumably crying. The sight itself was beautiful and had Claire and Olivia cooing.

"Missed you, Ma." Roger says as he pushes her back to have a good look. "Missed you so much."

"Missed you too darlin', but enough of my emotions and your sappiness. Where's Olivia?" she asks before he moves out of the way to look at her, Winifred gasping as she sees her standing and lightly conversing with Claire.

Olivia's nerves seem to return as she believes having a good impression on the parent is make or break, and by that gasp, she couldn't tell if it was in admiration or in shock and disgust at the sight of her.

"Olivia, it's so lovely to finally meet you," She says approaching her as Olivia slowly does the same, entering the hug first and Winifred rocks her side to side slightly before pulling back and looking at Roger.

"God, Roger, didn't know you had it in you to pick such a fine, beautiful young woman."

The comment and the looks shared by the three from the Taylor family made her heart burst and her eyes gloss over slightly.