XXIX (PART TWO)

.

.

.

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y N I N E (PART TWO)

.

roger's point of view

Being called by Mary and being told to rush home without any explanation could've been my worst nightmare. Not knowing whether it was to do with Olivia and her pregnancy or if it was just to do with O, scared the living daylights out of me.

What scared me even more was coming home to the sight that it was.

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE PART ONE FLASHBACK:

"O?" I yelled out from the hallway and she instantly began making convulsive gasps, struggling to get air into her lungs from breathing so rapidly through these small gasps of air as she tasted the saltiness of her tears on the edge of her lip.

"Oh my god O!" I screamed from the doorway of the hallway as I ran over to her, not even bothering to avoid the glass since I had shoes on.

"O, Olivia, baby, you're okay, look at me, you're okay." I said as I cupped her face, making her turn towards me. My eyes skimmed over her face looking for physical injuries and she looked down at her hand, my gaze following hers and I let one hand off her face and grabbed her hand.

"Jesus Christ."

She turned her gaze away from her hand and kept following down and saw the blood from her hand and the blood from the miscarriage underneath herself, then looking up, I looked on the bed and seeing the blood, I choked on my own tears as I tried to stay strong.

For once, she composed herself in front of me and took my face in the one hand she could use, cradling it as I turned my head and kissed her palm before my forehead collapsed against hers and I started crying, the sobs not making it out through my strength to hold them back.

"Mary, c-can you go check i-if the c-car is here?" She asked in a hushed tone as she kissed my forehead as the sadness got the better of me and I fell to my knees from my previous crouched position and leaned against her shoulder a I began sobbing.

She didn't blame him, considering we both just lost our child.

"Yes, I'll go speak to Paul. Change of clothes in on the table."

"T-thank you." She said as she hugged me, rocking me lightly side to side as my convulsing made her body shake in reaction to mine.

"Our b-baby?" I choked out as he looked up at me. Our gazes met for the second time that day and she did nothing else but nod, because she couldn't.

END OF FLASHBACK

That scene I walked in upon will constantly run through my head.

It pained me so much to see her like that, so broke, falling apart on the floor as she came to the realisation that our baby was being lost at the same time.

It's a horrible feeling. I feel disgusted with myself, thinking about those weeks ago when I got so mad at her, blamed this whole pregnancy that was an accident on her, even though I was making her feel like shit so I could feel better. It didn't work, and now I feel even worse that I would even consider hurting the love of my life in a situation where I know how vulnerable she was.

It makes me feel like shit that I did that, and now watching her fall apart on the floor, blaming it on herself, by the looks of it, looking at all that glass on the floor, the cut on her hand, her tears, everything.