XXXVI

.

.

.

C H A P T E R T H I R T Y S I X

.

third person

"That's it, love. Good girl, keep going, let it all out." Roger cooed as he pulled and then tied Olivia's long, red hair back as she hunched over the toilet, throwing up like there was no tomorrow.

Olivia had never been one for morning sickness, it was evident from only throwing up a few times during the first pregnancy; yet, here she was in the sixth month of the second pregnancy, where she was well on her way to the third trimester in only two weeks.

Two weeks time was the beginning of July, and both Olivia and Roger couldn't believe how fast time had flown, considering it felt like yesterday was the day of Christmas of 1975, when one of Olivia's presents to Roger was a positive pregnancy test and a gift of Roger's to Olivia was a house.

Olivia had finally taken rest by leaning and sitting back on her heels, further away from the toilet then she was a few seconds ago.

"You feeling better?" Roger asked as he wiped her mouth with a piece of toilet paper as she shook her head, not being able to verbally respond.

"Still need to throw up?" Roger continued as he flushed the toilet in which Olivia emptied her stomach in. She nodded before speaking up through a horsed voice. "Don't want too."

"O, love, you'll feel better if you get it out now, won't come back to haunt you in a few mornings time, or even worse, tomorrow morning."

"It h-hurts, Roger. Hurts my throat."

"I know darlin', but if it calls for, just go."

Truth was, Olivia had been holding in the need to throw up once more the whole time Roger and her had been lightly conversing for a solid minute. Reluctantly giving up, she leant back over and threw up again, retching to the point of no end.

Olivia's morning sickness had increasingly become worse as the weeks flew by. The couple didn't think she would still be throwing up by this point in her pregnancy, yet when they questioned their doctor about it, she ran a test of some sort and just drew it to the fact that Olivia may have just been swept up in the 10% of pregnant women whose morning sickness gets worse as the pregnancy moves forward.

The morning sickness had then become a regular occurrence, happening as often as four or five times a week, and Roger had seen it so often he had gotten used to it, sometimes after he put Olivia back to bed after her vomiting spree, would have to put her in one of the spare bedrooms because he'd have to clean the sheets on their bed, only because she didn't make it to the bathroom on time.

Olivia would always wake up feeling better, and if need be, the only problems being that she was dehydrated and felt extremely bad for Roger, him having to constantly get up for her, even after begging him to go back to bed.

Today was no different. Olivia woke up, she thought it was around 8, raced to the bathroom after 5 minutes of contemplating whether she was going to be sick or not, throwing up once before feeling her hair being pulled back and soft circles being rubbed on her back and tears seep down her cheeks before trying to tell Roger to go away, yet, he never budged.