XXXVIII

.

.

.

C H A P T E R  T H I R T Y  E I G H T

.

third person point of view

"Rog, mate, I'm here. Rog!" John recited as he found his friend drifting off to sleep in the hospital emergency room where only small murmurs of others surrounding filled the air.

"Deaky?"

"Yeah, it's me. How are you?" He asked, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder, squeezing gently to rid him of his sleepiness and get him awake and fully aware.

"Alright, doesn't matter though because I still don't know how she is." He said, pointing toward the double doors where they take awaiting patients or newcomers that needed tending too immediately through.

"I k-keep going up and asking if she's alright, but they still don't have an update on her."

John had received the call probably about fifty minutes ago, and he promised Roger he'd be there in twenty minutes, but he broke that promise to his best mate and his sister.

He arrived almost an hour later. But with a valid reason.

Waking up Veronica to let her know he was going to the hospital was fine, it just meant she had to tend to Alana when John would usually as he was more of a lighter sleeper. But he doesn't know why he went in to see Alana, assuming that'd she'd be asleep and he'd just kiss her forehead and go, but of course not.

She stirred when he did so, picking up the light sleeper trait from her dad and started screaming and crying hysterically when he began walking out of the room with his wallet in his hand, which she somehow knew that he wasn't going to be in the house anymore.

And he couldn't rock her back to sleep. He's usually a legend when it comes to the task, not having to wake Veronica up and it works for him, but tonight, Alana wasn't having any of it and screamed and cried for a solid ten minutes until Veronica groaned loudly and rolled out of bed, trudging her small, pregnant and petite frame to the room next door where she took Alana from John and bid him to leave, in which he scurries, leaving his two loves.

Hence, why he kept Roger waiting and making him more worried considering he had no one to help him take his mind off Olivia.

"So... you're telling me they don't have an update on her after almost an hour?"

"Yeah, dunno what's going on and it's stressing me out."

"How was she when you had to come back out?"

"Wasn't upset about me leaving, that's for sure." He said with a shrug and John did a double take, taking this new information before Roger clarified, turning so he was facing him completely. "She fell unconscious."

"What the fuck!" John exclaimed, hands being thrown in the air, desperate for answers. "No wonder your stressing, she was bloody out of it when you left!"

"You're telling me, Deaks. You're telling me."

And as if on cue, even if Roger and John didn't know what was going to happen as a nurse approached them in the peripheral vision, they sensed it wasn't the best.