XXIX (PART ONE)

.

.

.

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y N I N E (PART ONE)

.

olivia's point of view

Waking up to an empty space in bed beside me was something I had gotten used to while coming on tour with Roger and the boys. Because I often woke up around nine in the morning, Roger would be off somewhere doing a rehearsal, with the boys talking about possible songs and everything else.

This morning I woke up facing where Roger would have been lying if he was in bed with me. Opening my eyes, they rested on the empty space to see my notebook that Roger gave me to write down anything when I thought about anything to do with our baby.

This could be names, symptoms, how I was feeling and my excitement towards meeting our child in less than 25 weeks. Currently sitting at 15 weeks, I was becoming more and more giddy every day leading up to the scan coming up in a few weeks where the gender would written down and placed in an envelope, for us to find out at our small baby shower and gender reveal combined when we were home from tour.

A combined decision between Roger and I was made to have it around 25 weeks when I would have a more prominent bump, considering Roger wanted me to wear one of those really long, sheer, white flowy dresses he says "every pregnant woman wears when they have a bump in their pregnancy!"

Rightio, Rog.

Grabbing the journal, I flicked through the pages where we wrote down the ideas for that special day to come in the future. I then flicked on to the page where I had written down the names the night before.

Last night, I couldn't sleep because I was sleeping my pain away by sleeping throughout the entirety of their concert last night. Waking up when Roger told me he was taking us home, sleep wasn't on the agenda for at least a few hours, so Roger and I sat up in bed, while he sipped at his beer discussing the names I recently told him about.

We made a decision last night. Both the first and middle name for our first child. We had decided that if it were a boy, we'd name him Bailey Hunter, and if it were a girl, we would name her Tia Bernadette.

These names were on their own page, clearly distinct on which was which as it had different colours and art around each name, both contributed to by Roger and I, even a few drawings of pairs of drumsticks making it onto the page where Bailey was written.

Sitting up and placing my hand on my little swollen stomach, I used my other hand to trace the pages, flicking through where I landed on other pages that made me laugh and smile, others made me choke back tears.

I rarely got to flick through this book, and it made my heart swell.

Shutting the book a small note flicked out. I unfolded and read it, my eyes flicking over Roger's messy handwriting.

Good morning my love,
Just popped down for breakfast before an early soundcheck with the boys. Should be back home by 11, think we'll go out to lunch with everyone if you're feeling up to it.

Get some more rest, there's chocolate and marshmallows on the table and I gave Mary our spare key in case you need anything. Everyone's just a phone call away, don't forget.

I love you, R.

Folding up the note and putting it on the bedside table, I huffed, annoyed that I didn't feel like doing anything today when I had  the whole city of Florida to explore.