Chapter 16

Marcus's POV

On the way there, I realized Brodey and Nathan weren't in the car. I decided to drive back to the house and pick them up. I didn't know how Nathan was going to react when we told him about Lannan but I knew something was up between them two

Marcus: Brodey! Nathan! I drove to the hospital and Lannan wasn't there. Can you come help the rest of us find him?

Brodey: Yes!! Of course I will!

Nathan: I will! Let's go!

We all got into the car and started driving again. I heard crying coming from the back and I looked back to see Elliott just sitting there sobbing. I guess I was the only one who heard it so I knew I needed to say something.

Marcus: Elliott, why are you crying? Are you okay?

I acted like I didn't know anything, but I did. Elliott told me about Lannan cutting himself and how sad that made Elliott. I knew no one else knew, not even Y/N. I just wanted to give him a chance to tell everyone else

Elliott: I'm not.

Marcus: What's going on?

Elliott leaned forward close to my ear and whispered.

Elliott: Can you pull over for a second?

Marcus: Sure

I pulled the car over and Elliott asked me to come outside without everyone else of a second. I knew what he was going to talk about

Elliott: I'm scared. I-I-

Marcus: About what?

Elliott: For Lannan. I'm really worried about him. He's probably cutting himself again-

Marcus: He's not.

Elliott: What if he is? How am I going to the other why I'm crying?

Marcus: You just have to come right out and say it.

Elliott: I can't. I'm going to freak out and just break down.

He started crying like crazy and I hugged him.

Elliott: Can you do it for me?

Marcus: It would be better if you do it Elliott. I know you can do it.

Elliott: I can't.

Marcus: You can.

Elliott: I can't.

Marcus: Let's go back in the car.

Elliott: Okay.

I felt like such a asshole but we would never even leave if I didn't have us get back into the car. I could feel how scared he was.

Elliott's POV

I really didn't want to go back in the car but I couldn't just stay out there forever. I sat back down in the car and cried for a little bit until I heard the voice of Y/N.

Y/N: Elliott, are you okay?

Elliott: Marcus, can you say?

Marcus: Elliott, this is about you, not me.

Elliott: Please?

Marcus: No.

Elliott: Okay fine. I'm crying because while Y/N, Nathan and Lannan were in the hospital Lannan called him and told me to come over. He's wasn't eating and we talked for a while. I looked down at his wrist and he was cutting himself. I told him about it but then I asked why he was doing it.

I broke down just thinking of the reason. What would they think?

Kath: Elliott, what was the reason?

Elliott: He saw me and Y/N do it and he wanted to help us.

I looked at Y/N and saw the look in her eyes. She then looked down at her wrist and I saw a tear fall from her face and then she looked up at me again. Everyone else just stared at us in shock.

Y/N: Elliott is that true?

Elliott: Yeah it is.

She started crying and I hugged her. Then I heard another voice start crying. I look over and see Kath. I saw Marcus holding her too. They all cried. I cried the most though. He put her down and we continued to talk for a while and then he continued driving.