Chpt 13

Milan's POV.

Dinner with Ghost was interesting, after the awkward silence of course.

For a good ten minutes all you could hear over the background noise from other diners was the sound of his fingers taping his phone, the occasional gulping noises after I swallowed sips of water.

Thankfully, me and and Ghost's food finally came, and we actually found something to talk about.

After the waiter came back, took up our plates, and handed us the dessert menus, I began wanting to know more.

The desire to know something about him was eating me alive, I wanted to know everything, especially about what Ghost would be having me do in the trap.

I cleared my throat and got his attention, "So Ghost-"

"David." He said abruptly, cutting me off.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked, puzzled.

"When we're alone it's David, ma." He clarified.

"Oh okay, David," I smiled to myself as his name rolled off my tongue. He's already trusting me.

And from there our conversation took off.

I had gotten so caught up with talking to him that I barely noticed how much time went bye.

We even talked about our life stories. Ghost, I mean David was even letting me in.

He told me about how he worked his way up in the streets, about how he was trying to help out his mom, and even joked about Diamond and Xion.

But what surprised me was that he even spoke about his past hookups and why he doesn't do relationships.

Of course, I was surprised to hear that bit of information, but I felt so happy that we were finally getting to know each other.

As I listened to David talk I began to realize he was really a good person.

He has such a big heart for the ones he cares about, but he clearly just has a hard time letting people in.

I wonder what his sign is?

He seems very...not exactly sheltered but guarded, but there's something about him that makes me want to get to know more about him.

I wanna break past that cold, murderous, kingpin exterior and see the real him.

He's kind of like the Beast to my Beauty, just without the romance.

After about an hour the waiter came back with the bill, and without even looking at David placed down $200 and began getting up.

I looked at him, then back at the money, and then back at him.

"What?" He asked fixing his sleeve.

"You didn't even look at the bill don't you think that's a little much for Olive Garden?" I asked glancing at the bill, "We didn't even eat more than a hundred dollars worth of food."

"It's ight ma," I quickly sent him a look of annoyance at his nickname, I know I made it clear to him that I hated being called that.

"My bad I meant Milan," he corrected himself, "it's just money they can use that shit as a tip or sum. Now let's go." He said offering me his hand.

I stared at his offered hand nervously, before gently taking it and allowing him to help me up.

I followed behind him to the parking lot, as we headed back to his car.

The stars were shining brightly against the dark, night sky. It was breathtaking.

I quietly thanked David for opening my side of the car, as I got inside and buckled up. He mumbled a response and closed the door once I was comfortable.

I watched him walk to his side, get in the car, and put the keys into the ignition.

"Aren't you going to buckle up?" I asked.

"Why for?" He asked as he looked in the rear view mirror, pulling out his parking spot.

"Cause what if we get into an accident you'll fly out the window," I advised, "I know I've been isolated for the past couple years, but I do know about car safety."

He just stared blankly at me for awhile, before muttering, "Damn you sound like my ma right now," and buckled up.

I giggled to myself and rested my head against the window as he began making his way onto the road.

Today was great.

I just hope the rest of the week can go as easily.

All I heard before I fell asleep, over the sound of the radio was the muffled sound of David's deep voice turn into a barely audible whisper, as if he was talking to someone on the phone.
*
*
👀 who was David talking to .Sorry for the late update guys but we hope you enjoy this chapter and we'll have the next one for you guys soon💛