Broken hearts

Two long months have passed and Nessa was still in shock. She fell into depression, and couldn't seem to pull herself out of it. She hardly ate her meals, anyone who looked at her could easily tell that something was drastically wrong. The only person she would speak to was Neil. He visited her chambers everyday and tried his best to comfort her.

No one knew what has happened to her, but William. His visions were clear. He never told Lidia that her daughter was in love with a Fay, that would destroy her, but he did keep a close eye on the friendship that has blossomed between Nessa and Neil, and wondered if mayhap something good could come out of it.

Lanie felt awful that her sister was going through this terrible time in her life. She felt responsible, and wanted to beg for forgiveness. It was never her intention to make her sister ill. She tried many times to go to her sisters chambers and apoligize, but Nessa would not allow her entrance.

With Michael still on his honeymoon, and Edward gone off into the future, her other brothers, and William were in charge of Sterlingshire, and with chief Douglas and his clan gone, things were starting to settle down.

Eva had her baby, and he was growing at a steady pace, her son was a carbon copy of his father, and Eva couldn't have been happier. Secretly counting the hours and the minutes until she came face to face with Michael again, and showed him his son. There is no way that he would turn her son away, she thought, and mayhap, a freaky accident can remove the ability for Kyra to give him children, leaving her son the sole heir to the MacAlister riches. She must carefully think of a plan to remove Kyra from Michael's life, so she could step in and claim him for herself, she thought wickedly, as she cuddled her son in her arms.

*****

Hawk lived two months in hell. He was a restless soul who walked around the ethereal realm in deep pain and regrets, blaming himself for everything. Her image was imprinted in his mind and heart, and he would find himself on top of the grey mountain beating his chest like a crazy beast, and howling at the top of his lungs.

The Fay knew not how to ease his pain, as he desperately tried to find his way in the darkness he had created for himself. He didn't even know if what he felt was love or if it was just a desperate attempt to kill the guilt that pierced his heart, knowing that he almost destroyed the reputation of the only woman he ever cared for in his entire life.