Two days before

Two days before the wedding, Nessa started to get nervous. Why hasn't Hawk shown himself, she thought, where could he be? She has barely slept this week, laying awake to hear or see him. Why has he abandon her?

She missed him, and she could not help the flow of tears that had glided down her angelic face, when Neil entered her chambers and shut the door behind him. He walked quickly to her side and pulled her into his muscled chest.

"Why are you crying lass?" He asked, not liking seeing her in pain.

"The same reason you cry!" She said, and pulled away from him.

"I don't cry!" He snapped back.

"You don't have to be a tough man in front of me, we are alone, and no one can hear us! Do you honestly think that I don't know that you hurt?" She asked, and looked at him square in the face, daring him to deny her words.

Neil looked away from her, she was right, but his manly attitude would not allow for him to admit it.

"You act like a beast in front of others, but I have seen the gentle side of you, and I know that deep in your heart you hurt. You don't have to hide your feelings from me, I would never tell anyone that you have feelings too!" She said, and watched as he tried to hide his pain.

Neil sighed, walked to the window, and looked outside. "You know me better than my mother does." He said, "what are we going to do, we have two days left, and both of us have had no results!"

Fresh tears rolled down her face, and Nessa choked back a sob. In two long strides, Neil was besides her, and he took her in his strong arms again. "Don't cry, I'm sure we will think of something." He told her, but his voice did not sound convincing enough.

"Lanie is stubborn, but I know that when it's time for the wedding, she will try to stop it!" Nessa said, as she wiped her tears.

"How can you be sure of that Nessa?" Neil asked, worried out of his mind that Lanie will not do a thing.

"I know my sister, and you have nothing to worry about, she will try and stop the wedding." Nessa said, in a confident voice.

Neil took a deep inhalation of breath and said, "You do know that if your man, and Lanie, do not step forward before it's too late, we will have to marry each other, and then what?"

"I feel very confident that they will step up, and we shall be just fine, we must think positive!" Nessa said in a firm tone of voice.

Don't forget to vote pleassssssseeeeeeee!!!!!!! And comments are so appreciated. Thank you kindly. Xoxoxxoxxoxxo