A crisp Autumn day

The crisp golden leaves crunched under their feet, as Nessa and Kyra took a walk in the gardens. The sun broke out in bursts, as the clouds scuttled across the sky, and the plants bathed in the yellow warmth of the autumn sun. The wind blew wistfully in every direction, and the two woman held on to their cloaks, not wanting them to fly away.

It has been two whole weeks since the confrontation between Michael and Hawk, and since then, the two women have become inseparable. They enjoyed each other's company, and took walks in the afternoons, enjoying watching the everchanging colors of fall.

"I am so thrilled that Michael and Hawk are friends again." Kyra told Nessa, throwing her a pleasant smile. "Michael seems relaxed and there is warmth in his eyes."

"Yes, tis a blessing to see them getting along. How is he treating you Kyra?" Nessa asked, there was a hint of concern in her tone of voice, and Kyra smiled, glad to have found a sister in Nessa.

"He is wonderful, I could not have asked for more." Kyra told her. "He finally came to his senses. And I have you and Hawk to thank for that."

"Thank us not, your husband realized on his own that he was acting like an arse, and fear of losing you is what got him to change Kyra. He loves you very much, and can't see his life without you!" Nessa said, bringing comfort to Kyra's heart.

Another gust of wind rolled around the two women, chilling the autumn air, and Kyra noticed that Nessa was shivering.

"I think we should be heading back now Nessa, I won't have Hawk blasting me with curses if you catch your death cold! Come on, let's go." Kyra said, pulling gently on Nessa cloak.

But as Nessa walked besides Kyra trying to keep up with her steady pace, she suddenly felt nauseated, and stopped for a second to catch her breath.

Kyra whirled around, "Are you feeling under the weather Nessa?" Kyra asked, showing concern for her soon to be sister-in-law.

"I'm fine, tis nothing to worry yourself about." Nessa replied, wrapping her cloak around her, as another gust of wind blew around them, rolling the dried leaves across the cobbled walkway.

Hurring along the garden path, the earthy smell of autumn filled their nostrils, and as they neared the courtyard, the scent of cinnamon apple pies filled the air, along with the faint odors of woodsmoke, and chestnuts over an open fire.

A pile of pumpkins and bales of hay flanked either side of the wooden door, and as the guards opened the wooden door for the two women to enter the castle, Nessa's felt dizzy and grasped Kyra's hand before she fainted in her arms.

"Oh my God Nessa, help! Someone help please!" Kyra called out, just as Lidia came into view, and ran to give a helping hand.

The two woman eased Nessa's body into the sitting room, and placed her on a chair.

"Missy quick, bring me a wet wash cloth, and smelling salts." Lidia ordered, as the servant girl scurried away to do as she was told.

Minutes later, the servant girl came back with the wet cloth and smelling salts. Lidia grabbed the salts and placed them underneath Nessa's nose, and seconds later, Nessa's eyes fluttered open.

"What happened mother, how did I get here?" Nessa asked, confused and still feeling a hint of nausea.

Lidia glanced at Kyra, and their eyes met and locked. Kyra's jaw dropped when she realized what Lidia's knowing eyes were trying to tell her. Oh my, oh my, oh my, it can't be she thought.

Nessa was quick to notice the two woman exchange glances, and she narrowed her eyes, and squared her shoulders. "What are you two hiding, pray tell?"

Lidia sighed and turned her attention towards her daughter. "When was your last monthly flow?" She asked sweetly, holding back a smile.

"What? Why? I...well..." Nessa's eyes widened, and she placed her hand on her belly. "It can't be! I thought it was impossible for a Druidess and a Fay to produce children!"

Thank you for your votes and comments. Xoxxoxxoxoxxo