two

Kinda Special

"Cap, have everyone ready in front of the building, I have a Hydra weapon coming in and she needs a warm welcome. " he spoke to himself again.

"What? A Hydra weapon? And a She? Stark, I swear..."

"Don't swear Cap, don't do it! See you in a minute."

I sat him down on that roof we were on and told him absolutely everything. I couldn't care less if he was about to kill me. I didn't have any strenght to fight him and I absolutely didn't know where to go or what to do in this weird world of his. Those were my weak moments and I actually really liked the idea of being a part of something. It was weird since Hydra doesn't really like feelings of any kind. There, it's a weakness. But, I'm not Hydra's anymore and what this man told me, Hydra is actually gone.

I've learned it's year 2018. and now it makes sense why he asked me what year is it. But what does not make sense now is how is now 2018.?

We flew next to each other as he led me to "his cave" which I hope wasn't meant for an actual cave. He is really confusing.

Eventually, he stopped and went down and I did the same. We landed in front of people who stood like some kind of soldiers, but one weirder than the other.

"Hello, Cap, everybody else, hi... This is Anastasya. And she's - complicated. So, lets get inside and we'll talk." Tony said.

He motioned me to follow him and as I did, I was greeted by everyone. They were nice and cultured people. Although, some of them didn't really look like people.

They all sat around a table and Tony, now looking like a normal human being without his suit, and I stood in front of them. We talked about this situation as we were flying here, but I am still somehow anxious and scared to tell all these people something about me. Why should they care? And why should I trust them?

"So everybody, let's begin by introducing Anastasya to yall and then we can go the other way around." he said as he turned to a big white screen-like thing hanging on the wall.

"Friday, you may begin with what you got."

Suddenly, the screen light up and there was- I. Everything I told him and more.

"So, as you can see... Name is Anastasya Ivanova." he read from the screen "Birth place Yugoslavia, and she lived in: Leningrad, Russia."

"Isn't that Saint Petersburg now?" the tall muscular man who stood at the very corner of the room asked. He actually looked weirdly familiar, to be honest.

"Cap, I'm glad you asked." Tony pointed at 'Cap' as years and pictures of buildings started to appear on the screen "This should give you an answer. It is Saint Petersburg but it was Leningrad in 1928. specifically around 22. april 1928. when, this lady here, was born."

There was silence in the room as everyone stared blankly at Tony.

"You want us to clap or something?" a dark-skin-colored man in a blue polo shirt said looking back at the man in the corner "She ain't so special."

"Sam..." the man moved a few steps closer to the crowd "...don't be rude. When were you born?" he said looking me in the eye.

"Just like Tony said, on the twenty second of April 1928, sir."

"Were you really tho?" 'Sam' said "You believe this bs, Cap?"

"I do. I'm sorry for the manners of my friend, ma'am." he said nodding towards me. I returned the act with a smile. He seems like the only one here who actually has some manners and knows how to act in a actual serious situation.

"Looks like Cap's in his game now" Sam smirked "but, please, continue."

Then a picture of me light up the screen. An old one, but colored.

There I was. My pitch black shoulder-lenght hair. My black mask. My metal arm. My rifle.

"This is the only picture ever taken of her that lived until now. If there was more, they were destroyed. I had Friday color it in. You had black hair back then too, yeah? Great. So, we can see some elements that we saw before, the red star, metal arm, mask... The Winter Soldier, right?" he said looking at everybody as they nodded in agreement "She is one of them, or... at least she was. That's all I got, nothing really on her anywhere. Her skill-set, she will explain. So, Ana, you may continue. Go straight to the point tho!" he said pointing at me, Ana. What?

"I was Hydra's best so called Winter Soldier. They gave me something like what they gave to Bucky Barnes, also known as Number One, except it had some modifications like flying, telekenesis and mind control neither of which I can explain. Why didn't they gave him the same thing? Because they just developed it maybe a week before they turned me into this monster I am. Also, that was a prototype and I am alive just because of pure luck. It could have killed me within few seconds, it should have, they didn't know what was going to happen. After the guys they made after the original WS, they wanted something more old-fashioned since the new guys were completely out of their control and they didn't like that feeling. That's why they cut of my left arm and put a metal one instead. You can call it nostalgia. So, they made me this little monster of theirs and to activate me, just like all the others, you had to say a special set of words in Russian which are different for every soldier. Then I can not control what I do and I can only follow orders from the person who woke me. I believe you already know how that looks like." I said in what felt like one breath. The act of telling my life story and then my whole skill set to these random people was far from comfortable. I just hope it pays off.

"So you are kinda special." Sam chuckled.

"She kinda is." Cap said.