twenty one

Peace

I followed Tony to the conference room where most of the team was already sitting around the table.

Wanda and Vision were chatting. Rhodey was playing with his pen. Natasha was wildly explaining something to Clint. And Bucky and Steve were laughing wildly.

What a wild team.

"Well look at you!" Bucky said as soon as I stepped through the door, causing Steve to turn around and see who was his friend looking at.

"Shush, Barnes, no need for the attention." I said as I jokingly tapped the knife I had tucked behind my belt.

"Okay, okay, no need for that." he laughed and tapped the chair between Steve and him.

What a spot I got.

"Are you alright now?" Steve asked while fidgeting with a pen he had in his hands.

I tapped the earpiece I had in "These make it easier." I sighed, finding it difficult to talk about my mental health with him "But I still hear voices." I shrugged "I'm alright though, thanks for asking." I said and smiled towards him.

"Okay, attention please." Tony said causing everyone's heads to turn his way "All of you know why I called you here today." he sighed "It's Thanos again. And this time, he is coming here himself in search for the so called 'infinity stones'. We know there are six of them and two are most definetely on Earth: Mind and Time. The Mind Stone is what is keeping Vision alive and the Time Stone is being protected by Doctor Strange. For now." he paused and observed everybody's faces for a second "We need to do something, guys. We need to be prepared for this one."

We all nodded in agreement and waited for further instructions. We were all told to be in our combat gear at all times and be ready for the fight any minute.

Tony, Banner and Clint went to New York to get Strange and make sure that the Time Stone is safe. The rest of us were sent to Wakanda where Shuri, T'Challa's little sister and tech genious, was supposed to figure out how to remove the Mind Stone from Vision's head safely and destroy it before Thanos comes looking for it.

Tony assigned the bigger group to go to Wakanda because he knew Doctor Strange was guarding the Time Stone alone with Wong and Thanos wouldn't send a lot of soldiers to get it from them. In Wakanda, on the other hand, Vision and the Mind Stone were heavily protected by the Wakandan troops, but they weren't powerful enaugh to fight milions of alien beings on their own.

Steve was in charge of our unit and we were scheduled to leave in the morning.

I was thrilled to be back on the field, but I was also petrified. Not of the fight, of course, but of the fact that I could become the enemy at any time. I really trusted Tony and I really hoped the things in my ears worked.

...

After the meeting and some preparations, everybody was hanging out in the backyard around a fireplace. We were about to get attacked any day now so we might as well make the best of it.

I was sitting in a sofa alone, as far as I could from the fire. Everybody was laughing and craking jokes. The vibes were amazing, you could never tell that we were going to fight for our lives tomorrow.

After a few minutes, Tony and Steve walked in, they've been going through the plan on their own.

Tony was immediately called over by Rhodey while Steve stopped a few feet from everybody else. He observed the team for a second until his eyes stopped on me and he made his way to the sofa I was sitting on.