three

The Bad Guy

I got to know everyone on the 'Avengers' team. There are a lot of them. It was a coincidence most of them were at the hangar when I arrived.

I also learned that the man from the corner of the room is the Captain America. That explains why he looked so familiar. Can't believe he is alive and well, but that's really one of the less shocking things right now.

So I met Captain Rogers, of course, then 'Rhodey', Natasha, Clint, a really polite man called Sam, Wanda and Vision.

There was a few of them who weren't there. Spider Man was apparently in school, Black Panther who was in Wakanda, Doctor Strange was dealing with problems of his own and nobody saw Banner aka Hulk for quite a while, same goes for Thor, who is apparently a god. And Buck wasn't even mentioned. Not even once.

There are apparently more gods and galaxies and dimensions and aliens which honestly freaks me out. I was suprised when Tony showed me The Internet two hours ago and now you're telling me aliens attacked New York few years back?

I guess I shouldn't be suprised that the world changed so much through sixty years.

Tony offered me a deal- since nobody here actually knows who I am and they chose to trust me, I behave = I don't have to be locked in the facility, get a shock collar or something third. He didn't want to just put me in a cell since there is actually nothing that can support mine nor his statements so he just hoped he could trust his gut. I promised to behave. I had some time to think about the fact that I shouldn't probably make more mess than I already did. Had a sixty year long sleep to do change my ways.

I also thought a little bit about what happens now. I can't just go and live a normal life. That would be impossible. Tony asked me to join his group of people who usually save the world. That would be great since I really didn't do any good in my life. And now that I am free of Hydra's mind control I could maybe change that. If I could. I don't even wanna know if I can be activated again. I don't want to find out the hard way.

...

The day passed calmly just with meeting people and warming up with everything. Nat and Wanda helped me a lot. I got to know a lot about them after I told them a lot about me which I really appreciate.

I feel like us three girls have a lot in common. One of which is that all of us were trained to work and kill for the bad guys. And they turned a new page and started fresh doing good things with their powers. In a team.

The girls really motivated me to try the same. Sam helped too. He actually is a nice man. Has a strange sense of humor but I was told everyone does nowdays.

The only person I didn't really talk to was Captain Rogers. It seems like he is just a man who likes to work in peace and that's all he does.

When everyone else went to grab dinner, I went to find Cap and try to talk to him. I really wanted to make a good impression. It did mean a lot to me to even meet him but... I wished we weren't just acquaintances. Especially if I was to join the Avengers anytime soon.

I could also ask him a question that was bothering me since I got here and he just might be the man who would know the answer to it.

I found him sitting on a bench next to the lake that was near the hangar.

"Captain?" I called him behind his back.

He turned around so he could look at me, friendly smiled and called me over "Anastasya, come, sit." he faced the lake again.

"I'm sorry for bothering you, sir" I said sitting down "but I wanted to talk if you don't mind."

"Of course not, but let me tell you something before you start: relax, no formalities here, we are all just friends." he gave me a small smile. Just enough to let me now he is a friend.

"Thank y- thanks" I smiled.

"So, what's bothering you?" he said facing straight ahead and getting all serious again.

"Tony mentioned something when we met, but nobody mentioned anything about him later... How's Bucky? And where is he?"

"Oh right, you knew him. He never mentioned you."

"Yeah, we were actually cellmates at some point. They paired us two together a lot since we were the first of our generation. We were called The Metal Arms quite a lot, mostly as a joke, of course."

"Wait, there are more after 11?"

"No, they tried making the serum again a few times and they got two good ones so 12 and 13, but they were both killed eventually. The rest they tried the serum on died immediately."

"Well that's kinda good then... But, back to what you asked. Bucky is in Wakanda, Africa. He did do a lot of mad bad things a while back when some guy woke him so he is isolated for some time now. They're trying to figure out how to get Hydra out of his head for good. He's good tho."

I would love to hear from them if they figure that out...

"I'm glad to hear it. I was quite suprised when Tony told him he was alive. Frozen too?"

Wow, what a usual question, genius.

"Yeah, but intentionally. You?"

"I guess, I don't really remember. I know I couldn't wake up even though I heard my words. And from that point on I don't remember anything. Then I woke up at some station in the middle of the ocean. I guess they found me. It's not like it really matters, it wouldn't change anything."

"That is true... So, um, you heard about me? Before?"

"Of course, everyone did. And they didn't even get to make more of you... I guess that's a good thing too, that we're one of our kind."

"And that we are not the bad guys for the innocent people." he looked at me "Right?"

"Do you think I am still a bad guy?" I would like to say that that hurt my feelings, but I expected that. I just didn't want that to happen again, me being a bad guy and all of that. Too much innocent blood is already on my hands.

"I don't know. I don't know you. For me, you are the new guy."

"That I am."