nineteen

Future

"A badass?" I raised my eyebrows at him "Really?"

"Yeah." he smiled, almost looking proud.

I laughed "Well, I didn't think I would ever hear that word come out of your mouth."

"Really? Why not?" he asked, smiling widely as if my answer wasn't obvious.

"Um because- language?" I said, barely able to stop myself from laughing.

"What- how do you even know about that?" he asked, getting all fake-angry.

"Everybody knows about that, Cap." I nodded "Everybody."

"Well that's just amazing..." he looked down, trying to cover up the redness of his cheeks.

We sat like that, in comfortable silence, for quite a while. Neither of us knowing what to say. Earlier he said he wanted to speak to me. I wasn't really sure he did. But then again, I said I wanted to tell him something too. And I didn't. Yet.

Deep breath.

"I'm sorry." I quietly said, not finding the courage to say it louder.

He looked at me in confusion "Sorry? Again? Why?"

"For almost killing you. I apologized to everyone except you. So, sorry." I repeated my apology while keeping my head low.

Steve just laughed at me and lied back on the bed.

I turned around to face him and furrowed my brows "What's so funny?"

"You can be so nice sometimes I would never say you are a master assassin." he smiled looking me in the eyes "But then again, you can be a real pain in the ass."

I punched his shoulder playfully before dropping on the bed next to him.

"Well, if we're gonna do that, you can act so childish sometimes I would never say you are Captain America." I turned my head to the side to face him "But then again, you can be such an old man sometimes."

Steve laughed, placing his right hand on his heart "That's not fair" he said after he calmed down "you did me so much worse!"

"No I didn't! It's not even insulting!" I laughed "It's just the truth. But you ar-ah." I grunted as a familiar pain creeped it's way back into my head.

"An? Are you okay?" Steve asked me with concern in his eyes.

He sat up and helped me up too. He put his right hand on my back while I held my head in my hands. It hurt like hell. And it could only be one thing.

"Lock me up." I managed to get the words out, pain in my head only getting worse.

"What?" he stood up, ready to defend me or himself from me.

"Lock me up!" I said looking up at him. I could feel my eyes burning, the feeling I would feel after using my powers, it meant they were glowing red. The look I gave him could only be described as threatening and he obeyed to my order.

...

I paced around the familiar glass cell, my hands on my head, thinking about the fact that right after I said I might be getting better, I just got way worse.

One step forward, two steps back.

A loud thud broke me out of my thoughts "What is it this time?" Bucky asked closing the door behind him.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" he asked getting closer to the cell "What happened?"