twenty two

Radar

I woke up in my cozy bed at about six o'clock. And, for the first time in a while, I didn't have any nightmares during the night. Honestly, it felt extremely good.

I got up and got ready for the day. I put on my combat gear and put my black hair up in a ponytail.

I left my room at 6:30, just in time for the morning update meeting, and walked to the living room. Wanda and Vision were sitting on the couch. I greeted them with a nod and continued to walk towards the kitchen. There I found Steve.

"Good morning." he said with a smile and put a sandwich and a black coffee in front of me.

"Aw, that's for me? Thank you so much." I smiled back and sat at the counter.

"You're welcome." he smiled again and sat next to me "How did you sleep tonight?"

"Good, actually." I said after taking a sip of my coffee "For the first time in a while, it was really peace and quiet."

"Tony's earpieces must really be working then." he nodded and took a sip of his coffee.

"No..." I laughed "It's you, you helped." I said and looked up from my breakfast.

And Steve just sat there, looking at me. He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

"You don't have to say anything." I smiled "I can't believe that I have something to say and you don't but, I really just wanted you to know that...you help me. A lot."

He smiled back and put his hand on top of mine.

"Lovebirds, chop chop, lets go." Tony said walking in, grabbing an apple and walking out.

Steve and I looked at each other and followed him, bringing our coffees with us.

We sat on our old spots around the table and waited for Tony to start the meeting.

"So" he started "I am awake since four in the morning. Not that anyone should care. But" he paused and raised his index finger in the air "I was actually doing something useful. Something popped up on the radar." he stated and waited for our reactions.

There were a few sighs, some quiet whispering and quite a few clenched jaws.

"I do not know what it is." Tony sighed "But it isn't from Earth."

"What do we do now?" Natasha asked glancing back and forth between Tony and Steve.

"We monitor it and wait." Tony shrugged.

"And if it comes to us? If it attacks us?" Clint asked.

"Then we fight." Steve said "If it's only one creature, it's in our best interest to capture it. Then we figure out the rest. One step at a time."

"I agree." Tony nodded "Romanoff, Barton?" he asked for feedback as the called ones responded with a nod "Okay. Wanda, Vision?"

"Yes, sir" Vision said and glanced at Wanda "we agree."

"Banner?" Tony moved on.

"It could potentially have a good outcome, yes." he said, visibly nervous.

"Rhodes?" Tony asked and got a nod from Rhodey "Barnes?" he continued.

"Should work." Bucky said with a nod.

Tony then nodded at me "Ivanov?"

"Lets get the alien." I said.

Tony smiled at me and continued "Then lets go."

...

We were all in our combat gear. Steve, Bucky, Nat, Clint, Wanda and I were in a quinyet and Tony, Rhodey and Vision were flying in front of us. We were about five minutes from the creature the radar was picking up. And that was, well, in the middle of nowhere.

My heart was racing and my palms were sweating. I was hungry for revenge and I knew I shouldn't let that get the best of me. So I tried. I tried really hard to remain as calm as possible.

"Get ready for landing." we heard Tony over the comms "There is a good landing spot to your three o'clock."

"Yessir." Clint responded and turned the bird.

We were on the ground in no-time. Ready to fight some alien ass.

"Rhodey and Vision with me." Tony said and flew off.

"Spread out. Contact the rest if you see something." Steve said and everyone went their own way.

Just as I was about to head my way as well, Steve grabbed my forearm "Are you sure you're gonna be okay on your own?" he asked.

I sighed and glared at him "Yes, I'm sure. Don't worry about me." I said and continued walking.

I had a gut feeling about where the thing could be. Almost like it was pulling me towards itself.

I walked west for about a minute. And I don't mean walked, I mean walked really slowly and high-alert. Anyway, I walked straight down some path for about a minute and then made a left turn towards a big tree.

And then I saw it. There, next to the tree. It was standing right next to it, facing away from me, but clearly aware of it's surroundings. It stood straight, almost tense, but suprisingly relaxed. It had pale skin and no visible hair. It wore one of those weird alien dress-like things in dark blue and it was barefoot. The sight of the creature was overall really weird and, well, alien-like.

"I have eyes on the target." I said after tapping my earpiece.

"Okay." Steve responded first "Do not engage, wait for backup."

"Backup's here." Tony said right before I heard his armour landing on the ground in front of me "No fast movements please or you won't be able to move ever again." he calmly said as he put his arm out, ready to fire.

I stepped out from behind the bush I was hinding at and everybody else made a circle around the creature.

"Who are you?" Steve asked the creature after stepping up next to Tony.

"You heard the man, answer him." Tony said, getting impatient.

The creature weirdly chuckled and turned around to face them. Then I saw it's face too. It was pale, with small dark eyes and no nose at all. Totally Voldemort vibes.

"Wouldn't you like to know." it spoke.

"We would, yeah." Tony said "You see, we know there's an alien attack coming and we are just trying to...you know, be prepared. So, introduce yourself, will ya?"

The alien nodded "I am Arbitria. I come from planet Advena from the solar system Peregrinus." it paused "You can feel free to call me a she as you humans say, even though there is no such thing on my planet." she paused again "I may not mean any harm, but what will come you will not be able to figh-" and just like that, she fell on the ground as electricity went through her body.

"Clint!" Natasha sighed and looked Barton's way.

"What?" Clint shrugged "She literally just made an open threat, someone was supposed to stop her."

Everyone sighed and shook their heads.

Clint.

"Okay, get her secure and on the quinjet." Steve ordered and sighed once again.

More alien bullshit - here we come.