nine

Remember

I woke up in a bed. But not my bed. It was like a hospital bed, a mental hospital bed. My arms and legs were tied down and I had heavy gloves on my hands. Those probably messed with my abilities.

I didn't know where exactly I was. I did know I was still in the Avengers hangar since I saw rooms like this here already. But that didn't really calm my confusion or my headache.

"She's awake." I heard from the outside of the room.

"You can't go in, sir, Mr. Stark said that-" then there was a -bang- and the doors slammed open.

"An?" I heard a voice coming near me as I tried to look up.

"Steve." I sighed with relief "Steve I-"

"Steve, you're here." I heard someone else enter the room "Oh hi, you're awake."

"Bucky." I looked up at him "What's going on? What did I do?"

"You don't remember?" Cap looked down on me with concern in his eyes.

"I-I don't remember what? What happened?" fear started to kick in. Was I activated again? Did I do something bad again?

"You..." he continued "After you fell off the bed, you suddenly stood up with just and only anger in your eyes. They were glowing red and whatever comes out of your hands, it was circling around your whole arms. Red as it can get." he said looking me in the eyes "Then you attacked us."

"No." I just heard my biggest nightmare in the last year or so "No, no, no. Did someone activate me? Did I hurt somebody? Where is Tony? Is he alright?" I started to panic while trying to get out of that bed they put me on.

"Calm down. Everyone's fine. He shot you with a sleep sedative immediately. It didn't work at first, but after five you were done." he said pulling me back in the bed.

He brought sleep sedatives with him in my room? He knew something bad was gonna happen. He was scared too. The man in the bank office was right. They were scared of me before and now they have one major reason to be scared too. That's why they put me in this cage like I'm a mental hospital patient. Because I am.

"Guys, I swear..." Tony said entering the room "...I put guards there just because of you two, not because of her." he sighed looking at Steve and Bucky "Anastasya, hi." he smiled putting his hands on my arm "How are you feeling?"

"I-I'm sorry." I cried "I couldn't control it. I don't even remember how-"

"You don't remember?" Tony said raising his eyebrows.

"No, not a thing after I got to my bedroom from breakfast and then I remember I washed my face and then- nothing." I said, my voice shaking for multiple reasons.

...

Hours and hours passed in the cell they put me in. It was comfy, don't get me wrong, and I volunteered to stay in one. I didn't remember most of my day afterall.

The walls were glass and the rest of the room was white. There was a bed in the corner of the room and a desk with a chair. Not bad at all.

"An?" I heard a voice behind my back.

I turned around to face Steve. His was standing outside the cell, his chest rising and falling fastly as he breathes. Like he ran for his dear life a few minutes ago. Or like he was dealing with something. Fear, maybe?

"Steve" I smiled "Hi"

"Hi" he smiled back "How are you?"

"I'm good" I sighed "as good as I can be knowing I might be possessed."