11-Mistake

Jace's POV

Jc: What do we do now?- I look at Izzy.

I: We could go to Magnus's apartment and talk to Alce, maybe convince him to come back- she says looking hopeful.

Jc: No, he's not gonna want to talk to us. He's pretty upset, we've hurt him badly- I say looking down.

I: How could we not notice? Alec is right, we've drowned ourselves to deep into our own world that we completely forgot about him. I'm such a bad sister- she says sadly.

Jc: You're not the only one, I'm pretty terrible myself. And I'm his parabatai! I'm supposed to be there for him and have his back no matter what, but all I've done is hurt him. I've failed as his parabatai, and as his brother as well- I let a single tear roll down my cheek.

I: Jace, you can't put this all on yourself. We both made a mistake, we both failed him- she grabs my arm.

Jc: Yeah, but I'm his parabatai! You might be biological brothers but we're physically and emotionally connected- another tear rolls down my cheek.

Izzy is about to say something else, but before she does our mother comes into the room. She looks pretty mad, but I don't know why.

Ma: Where is Alec? I've been looking for him for an hour! Have any of you two seen him?- she looks between us.

I: Uhm, we did, but he's gone now- She looks down.

Ma: What do you mean he's gone?- she frowns.

I: Well...he left, he moved to Magnus's apartment- I look at her with a sad look.

Ma: He moved in with Magnus Bane, the High Warlock of Brooklyn? Why?- she still looks mad.

Jc: Because we treated him like shit, that's why!- I shout with tears silently rolling down my cheeks.

Ma: What are you talking about?- she asks confused.

Jc: I'm talking about the fact that you named him a backup soldier! He's your oldest son, he should be the apointed head of the institute!- I look at her with anger.

Ma: He's not as capable as you are, he couldn't run the institute. He wouldn't know what to do- oh please!

Jc: Why are you so sure? You never spend time with him, how do you know he's not more capable than any of us?- I raise an eyebrow.

Ma: I just do. You've always been better than him, whether is training or being the diplomat. That's why I'm naming you the apointed head of the institute, Alec is irrelevant- she crosses her arms.

I: How can you say that? Jace is better because you always make them train with swords, Alec is better with a bow. But I bet you did it on purpose, didn't you? You just wanted Jace to succeed- Izzy looks mad now.

Ma: It was on the program! The academy teaches everyone to fight with swords, Alec just never got the hang of it- she says defensively.

Jc: How can you just stand there and say all those awful things about him? He's your son!- I shout loudly.

Ma: Yes, but so are you. And I have to do what's best for the institute- I look at her with anger.

Jc: If you really wanted to do what's best for the institute, you'd name Alec the apointed head of the institute. You just want the best for you, all you care about is looking good for the Clave- I stand up from my bed, ready to walk out.

Ma: That is not true!- she shouts.

Jc: Then prove me wrong and name Alec the apointed head of the institute, I dare you. Common Izzy, let's get out of here- I grab her hand and walk out with her.