Chapter 20

"Did you really think it would be that easy to escape me?" Wallbourne chuckled as he stepped forward. Lyanna looked at Levi as he held her close to him. "You forgot I have eyes everywhere in the gods forsaken city, the least you could have done is make it more difficult for me." Wallbourne took a step closer to the couple. "Not my monkeys, not my circus!" The minister said as he walked away from the scene. "Guards take Captain Ackerman and his little accomplice." Wallbourne ordered as three MP's entered. One of them restrained Hanji, while the other two grabbed Levi and forced him to the ground. "You. You've been nothing but a thorn in my side since day one! Do you really think you stood a chance against me? You're nothing but underground trash." Wallbourne glared down at Levi. "And you." Wallbourne walked towards Lyanna and stood before her. He stared at her for a moment before reeling his hand back and striking her with the back side of his hand. Levi tried to get out of the MP's grip as Lyanna toppled over. "Do you realize that I could have given you the world? But no, you would rather choose this street urchin over me. Well I'm tired of it!" He yanked Lyanna to her feet. "I should kill him, I should make you watch as he takes his final breath!" Wallbourne threw Lyanna to the side and took a pistol from his waistband. "Levi! No please don't!" Lyanna begged as she tried to stand, but was still dazed from the slap. "Lyanna go, don't worry about us just run!" Hanji shouted, but was kicked in the gut by the MP soldier.

"I love you Lya." Levi sent a sorrowful glance at Lyanna and then glared up at Wallbourne. "Please don't! I'll marry you!" Lyanna blurted out as the tears streamed down her face. "What was that?" Wallbourne turned towards her. "I'll marry you, just please let him go. I-I won't ever try to escape you, I'll stay with you. I'll bear your children...but please just let him go...please." Lyanna pleaded with Wallbourne as the man smirked. "I knew you'd come to your senses, if I'd known this was all it took to get you be so submissive then I would have done this long ago." Wallbourne lowered his weapon and Lyanna sighed in relief. "Lyanna don;t my life isn't worth you throwing away yours!" Levi struggled against his holders. "Levi please, let me do this for you. You would do the same, don't make this harder than it already is." Lyanna's voice was small and void of any emotion. "Shall we go then?" Wallbourne offered his arm to Lyanna. "Can I say good-bye first?" Lyanna looked up at Wallbourne. "Make it quick." He said as she rushed over to Levi. "Lyanna please don't do this..." Levi begged her as she wrapped her arms around him. "I can't watch you die Levi." She allowed the sobs to take over her body. "I would rather die then live life knowing you're in the arms of another man." Levi allowed his tears to flow as Lyanna began to wipe them away with her thumb. "Shh, I'll be okay." Lyanna whispered as she cried. The two leaned their foreheads against one another as they sobbed. "I will always love you Levi..." Lyanna said as she kissed him deeply, knowing that this would be the last time she'd see him. "I love you too Lyanna." Levi enjoyed the pressure on his lips for as long as he could.

"Wrap it up already." Wallbourne demanded as he watched the display of love before him. "Just you wait Wallbourne, your karma will come back and bite you in the ass ten fold!" Levi spat at Wallbournes feet. "That may be true, but I'll always have the one thing you'll cherish most in this world." Wallbourne pulled Lyanna from Levi and began to walk away. "LYANNA!" Levi called after her as she looked over her shoulder towards him. 

***********************************************************************************************

"Cheer up Miss, at least now you know he'll be okay." Eunice said, she'd developed a soft spot for Lyanna. "How could I do that to him..." Lyanna felt the tears stream down her face and Eunice dabbed them gently; taking extra care to avoid the bruise on her face. "You did what you thought was best." Eunice said softly. "Eunice, I need a moment alone with the future Lady Wallbourne." Lyanna looked at Eunice and pleaded her to stay by her side. "As you wish." Eunice bowed her head and walked out of the room. "Well that was certainly a beautiful display of affection back there." Wallbourne spat bitterly. "You've won already Wallbourne, what more do you want?" Lyanna tried to face him bravely but faltered. "I could name so many thing right now. But for now my heart will settle for a kiss." He smiled down at Lyanna, who backed away from him. "Not a chance in hell." She replied. "Now now, there's no reason for you to be that way. Keep in mind poor Levi's life hangs in the balance." Wallbourne smiled sadistically. "You said you would leave him be!" Lyanna cried out. "You must really think I'm stupid, I've got him in my custody until were married. I don't want you to go back on your word and have him try to take you from me. Now how about that kiss?" He smiled at Lyanna as she gulped. 

Slowly she walked towards Wallbourne and moved closer to his face. She tried to give him a quick peck on the lips, but Wallbourne had other ideas. He grabbed the back of her head and slammed her lips into hers, he forced his tongue into her mouth. Lyanna squeezed her eyes shut and swallowed the bile that threatened to come up her throat. Wallbourne finally unlatched from her mouth and smiled down at her. "Now that wasn't so bad was it? I look forward to the many more kisses to come...and other things. I can't wait to put a little Lord in your belly." He said as he held Lyanna's stomach. "From now on call Wilbur, you're going to be my wife after all." Lyanna nodded and Wilbur kissed the top of her head. 

"I hope you're ready for Saturday my dear, it'll be a wedding for the centuries."