Chapter 13- TGIF

I'm a mixture of feelings as I pull out of the parking lot of the University. Turning the radio on I flip to "LoveHateThing" by Wale.

I'm furious that Ettore had talked to me the way he did, strangely I was happy that he had walked with me to my car, though it was probably unintentional due to our argument. I was scared when he had walked into my personal space, I knew he was dangerous, I had become aroused at our closeness, and my knees had absolutely melted as his lips grazed my ear. What in the hell was going on with me?

I was now aware that he was interested in me sexually now, he'd made that clear. That's what they all wanted right? An easy piece of ass. Well, sorry Mr. Ettore that shit wasn't going to happen.

I probably shouldn't have hit him but he had deserved it. I actually could have done a lot worse than just a back hand. My dad was a 3rd degree black belt and had taught me from a young age.

I was more than capable of taking care of myself. I was skilled in the use of Sai daggers as well as with the Kitana sword. Although I knew I could handle myself against most I wasn't so sure about Ettore. There was a power that emanated from him and I'd felt it when we'd been near each other both in class and just then in the parking lot.

I had no doubt that he wouldn't think twice about hitting a woman which was interesting considering he claimed to be a police officer. I knew he was lying about being in law enforcement he didn't have the look or the attitude of an officer. He held some type of authority from the way he carried himself I just had to figure out what that authority was. I just had to find a way to do it without being distracted by that sexy body of his. Jeez! He had smelled simply intoxicating and I'd inhaled deeply as he had spoken into my ear.

Pulling into Williams's yard I shut of the car trying to gather myself before I went inside. Walking into the house I find William on the couch engrossed in the T.V. watching ESPN.

"Hey baby!" I greet him giving him a peck on the lips and tossing my bag on the floor before plopping down in his lap.

"How was class?" 

"Oh, it was okay" I respond absentmindedly. I sit watching the recap of sports from the night but  my thoughts are on Ettore.

"Annalise?!" William says snapping me out of my thoughts. "What's wrong baby? You okay? You zoned out on me." He asks placing his arm around me.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine. I'm just tired" I lie. I was actually wondering what it would be like if I were in Ettore's arms instead of William's.

Don't get me wrong, William was one handsome Hispanic man. He was five years younger than me, something that had bothered me in the beginning, though I quickly got over it. Although he didn't have the Adonis of a body that Ettore had, he had a medium athletic build that I absolutely loved to see in uniform with short black hair and brown eyes.

William and I had met at his parent's restaurant, Last Stand Cantina, where he worked before he went into the police academy. I had been there with my friends Allison and Jose before heading downtown on a Friday night.

William had sent us drinks on the house before finally coming over and striking up a conversation with us. After instantly hitting in off we talked him into taking off early to hang out with us downtown and the rest is, as they say, history.

Thankfully, I make it through the rest of the week without incident and sitting home on a Friday night I decide to give my best friend Allison a call.

"Addison!" Her voice squeals before the phone could even finish the first ring. We always called each other by our last names.

"Bitchowski!" I squeal back. That wasn't her last name of course but somehow Bitchowski just fit her.

"Where have you been?" she demands.

"You know I've started school again" I reply with a sigh.

"Sooooooo how's that going? Any cute guys?" She asks and I know she's raising and eyebrow.

"It's going and there is this one cute guy in my Crim. Justice class. Shit! I'm not going to lie, the man is freaking gorgeous!" 

"Is he dating, married, gay, have kids? Did you get his number? Have you been flirting?" she asks barely taking a breath.

"I don't know. No, no, and no." I reply laughing at her.

"What! Why not? Addision!" She practically screams into the phone.

"Because I'm with William and this guy is an asshole! We've already had a spat and frankly I would love more than anything to put my foot up that cute little ass of his!" I snap anger entering my voice.

"Alright Warden! Don't go all G.I. Jane on me!" She says sensing my anger. "You know what we need?" 

"What?" I ask with suspicion.

"We need to go out to Aftermath tonight! And Josefina and William can go with us!" she shrieks. Josefina was actually our nickname for our friend Jose and man did he hate it.

"Done and done but William can't come. He's working." 

"Well we don't need him to have fun! Get ready. I'll call Josefina and we will meet you at the Winery at 10:00pm." She instructs me. We didn't need to worry about Jose coming. He would almost always drop everything to hang out with us.

After taking my shower I head to the closet to pick out my outfit for the night. I looked through my closet looking for the perfect outfit. After a few minutes I settle a pair of dark wash skinny jeans, a black fitted, low-cut, knot front tunic and black stiletto knee high boots. Brushing my hair out it falls in soft curly waves down my back and I finish it off with a simple silver necklace with a silver and turquoise butterfly pendant with matching dangle butterfly earrings. I give myself a once over in the floor length mirror on the door and decide against applying makeup to my flawless skin.

Grabbing a charcoal grey jacket off the hanger I grab my purse and  head out the door. While I'm waiting on the car to warm up I shoot William a quick text to let him know where I'd be if he eeded me. "Hey baby going out with Alli and Jose. Call if you need me."

Pulling into the Winery I see Jose and Allison huddled against each other in the coolness of the September night waving at me in excitement. They both pull me into a hug nearly cutting off my circulation as soon as I'm withing arms reach.

"Addison!" They both scream in my ear and we all laugh.

"Okay, down to business" Jose says turning to us with a serious expression. "We skip the Winery and head straight to Aftermath. No ifs ands or buts about it" He finishes taking our hands and pulling us in the opposite direction of the Winery toward Aftermath a couple of blocks over.

Author's Note

Sending my love to Warlock87, MooCow64 and McCauleyCal. Thanks for all of the support and encouragement. Love you guys bunches!!!!!!