Chapter 27

"Yay! Come on Cinderella let's get you ready for the ball!" Allison shrieked as she pulled me down the hall toward what I assumed to be a spare bedroom.

Andretta entered the room behind us before turning to Jose. "Mi Moreno this is for girls only but we'll let you see the finished product. Why don't you go and chat with your uncle Vincent upstairs." She said before closing the door.

I looked around the room which was massive. I could fit about three or four of my bedrooms in it. "I have just the style in mind. But first you have to go shower, you'll find everything you need in the bathroom including undergarments." She said nodding to a door off to the right.

After I had showered I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around me. "Addison take that thing off! We have all seen each other's nom noms at some point or other." Allision said with a laugh. Hell she was right so I let the towel drop to the floor leaving me in my thongs and bra.

Andretta not wasting any time took some yards of white silk and wrapped it around my body. She began to recite an incantation from memory. A warm feeling rushed over my body as she finished and I opened my eyes which had somehow closed without my consent.

"What do you think?" She said turning me to face the huge floor length mirror that leaned against the opposite wall.

The dress which was a form fitting was floor length with long sleeves and was a deep rich purple with a lace overlay. The neckline plunged showing what little cleavage I had and although it was pretty there was something about it I didn't like.

"I don't like it!" Allison wrinkling her nose in disgust. "It's pretty...... for the Victorian era."

"Okay smarty pants! You try!" Andretta said.

"Sure thing!" Coming to stand in front of me Allision recited the same incantation and I again I turned to look in the mirror.

This dress felt as if it weighed a ton on me with all of the fabric. It was a strapless taffeta ball gown with a tulle overlay, a jeweled lattice empire bodice and the front had a symmetrically draped split front skirt. Like the first if was pretty but it was still not me plus with all of the fabric I felt as if I would surely fall flat on my face. It was now Andretta's turn to wrinkle her nose in disgust at my current dress.

After I few more failed attempts at dresses, I groaned in frustration. The dresses were either too old timey, were too heavy or made me look like a hooker. "Is there any way that I can have any input on my dress?" I asked the two of them.

"Well duh!" Allison and Andretta exclaimed in unison. "Why didn't we think of that before?" Andretta said.

"Because we all have our special moments" I said in a sarcastically sweet voice dragging out the word all while rolling my eyes.

"Lil girl! Don't you know who I am? I'm Madea! Muh to da damn D-E-A! Allison I might need you to get me off when I kill her! Murder one if she keeps talking!" Andretta said now looking like Madea and doing her best Madea voice causing us to laugh hysterically.

After a good five minutes of laughing, gasping and holding our sides Andretta finally let out a long breath trying to gather her composure.

"Alrighty then!" Andretta said clapping her hands together before holding them out. "Take my hands and when I begin the incantation think of the dress that you want to wear. Think of a dress that will knock Alesandro on his ass!" she said to me with a mischievous smile. She began to recite the spell and I close my eyes picturing a dress that suited my taste and would drive Ettore wild. I opened my eyes to see both Andretta and Allison staring at me. Shit! I thought mentally slapping myself. I probably created another hooker dress but that couldn't be if it was the dress that I had pictured.

"Wow! You look amazing" Allison gushed "but why did you choose cream?"

"I don't know. I wasn't really sure about the color" I said honestly.

"Colors are not problem. We can make it any color you like" Andretta said. "I think a rich purple." she said changing the dress with a wave of her hand before turning her attention to an armoire on the opposite wall.

"I think she should do her signature curls pinned up." Allison said walking over at Andretta who was now lost in thought at the large jewelry armoire.

I turned to look in the mirror at my evening gown marveling at what I had created. I looked at the peacock adornment that held the gathers in place at the thigh high split thinking that the purple didn't do the peacock justice.

"Okay so I'm thinking something simple as far as her jewelry" Andretta said stopping mid-sentence as she turned to look at me.

"What?" I asked feeling self-conscious again.

"Your dress. How did you do that?" Allison asked with a puzzled expression

"Do what?" I said turning to look in the mirror at my gown which was now a deep rich teal color. "Uhhhh.....I'm not sure I know how to respond to this right now?" I said with a shaky laugh.

This time it was Allison who changed the color of the dress back to its original color only to have both of them floored when they returned with various shoes for me to try on. The dress was once again dark teal.

"Are you thinking of this color?" Andretta asked clearly frustrated.

"No! How in the hell would I even know how do to that? I had to hold your hands in order to create the dress remember?"

"Point taken." She with confusion on her face.

She changed the color of the dress back to purple and sucked in a sharp breath as the dress automatically returned to its teal color. After several attempts at changing the dress back to purple we all gave up. It was like the dress had a damn mind of its own though I had to admit I was fond of the color. After finding some sexy stilettos I was instructed to put them on as we all knew the ivory heals would change to match the color of my gown and they did so without hesitation.

Next came the spell for my hair which went without incident followed by a brief fuss over what jewelry I was to wear. With the addition of a light amount of makeup which I was not happy about the girls deemed me formal ready.

Andretta headed upstairs to ready for the ball herself while Allison joked with me about how pretty a child with Ettore would be.

"Just think about a little Ettore Addison! Or even a little you and besides you would look so cute pregnant!" she said as she continued to ramble on about names and what he or she would look like. Having children was not even in my plan for the near future but I had to admit I found the thought of having a child with Ettore quite appealing.

As I headed back to the living room I was met with an approving stare from Jose. "Damn mami! If I knew general tight ass wouldn't tear my head from my shoulders I would steal you for myself!" he said with a chuckle.

"Shut up Josefina!" I laughed.

"Seriously mami you look beautiful." He said in a sincere tone as he raised my chin to look at him. "Annalise that man loves you more than his very existence. Please don't let your stubbornness stop you from being happy, you deserve it mami. Promise me that you will remember his love for you when you see him?"

A comfortable silence passed between us for several minutes as I looked out the window wondering how this night would turn out.

"I promise mi Moreno." I said giving him a tight hug. "Now shut up before you make me cry." I said laughing as I blinked back tears.

"Okay, okay. Enough of that folks. We've got to get Cinderella here to the ball." Came Vincent's strong voice as he and Andretta descended the stairs in their formal attire.

"Annalise, Vincent and I are going to head on over to the ball but I have arranged for Daniel to drive you to the formal and before you ask, Daniel is our chauffeur" Andretta said answering the question I was about to ask.

As they headed out the door my heart longed for Ettore and my body ached for the security I felt in having his arms around me. It didn't matter what he was, it didn't matter what he had done, and the only thing that mattered was finding my way back into his arms. And this time when I found my way back to him I would not make the mistake of letting him go again.