Chapter 36

"Alesandro." Ra said pulling me over to the side of the hall. "I have one more gift for you and your three but I am going to allow someone else to bestow it upon you." He said looking off toward a door at the side of the hall. "I believe there was a special bond between the two of you. However, before you receive your gift you must answer the question that I pose." He said as I furrowed my brows in confusion.

As the figure emerged from the shadows of the doorway I found myself falling to my knees as the tears welled up in my eyes. It was Ambrogio, my father, my creator. The person who had shown me love when it did not exist, hope where there was hopelessness, and light where there had only been dark. I stared at him in disbelief, I had watched his existence come to an end. Standing in front of me he offered his hand.

"Please my son, rise." He said in his smooth velvety voice. Rising I reached out slowly to touch his face. I had to make sure he was here.

"I assure you Alesandro, I am no illusion" he said untold emotions swimming through his eyes as the tears began to fall. I wrapped my arms around my father hugging him with everything I had.

"How is this possible?" I asked unwillingly breaking our embrace.

"We never cease to exist Alesandro. Our bodies may die but our souls continue to exist unless the soul itself is killed.

When our physical body dies our soul moves on to another cosmic plain. The next plain that our soul moves to is determined by our soul's origin." I stared awestruck at this new revelation.

"You see Alesandro every soul has a home. Your soul will always return to from whence it came. The person regardless of their various reincarnations are drawn to things, people and environments that remind them of their soul's home. They may even take on a reincarnated form that reminds the soul of home. Take for example Abraxas, though he resides in Khotan or China as it is now known, his soul is tied to the Shinto Gods of Japan, Donta's soul is tied to the Mesopotamian plain of Gods, Asensus is tied to the Anatolian plain of Gods, while Affinity's soul is tied to the Celtic plain of Gods." Ra further explained.

"Though you may not align with the religion of your soul's origin in this life or other lives your soul will still return to its home when each life ends. The soul is then directed according to the decision of the Gods of that plain until Fate sees fit for the soul to be born into form again. Now my question is Alesandro." Ra said squeezing my shoulder lightly "where is your soul's home? I will give you some time to think about it." He said as he and Ambrogio turned to head toward the rest of the group who had now began to mingle and chat with the now human size Gods.

My thoughts raced chaotically through my head as I struggles to answer Ra's question. I thought of my surroundings through the centuries. I had never viewed life and death in such a manner and as such had never given thought to the possibility of souls having homes so to speak. But now as I looked from Ambrogio and his existence on this plain and then to Hathor a Goddess of this plain I knew the answer.

"My soul's home is here." I said turning to Ra as he nodded his head in approval.