Chapter 1

I know that everyone says this, but college is such a drag. School is such a drag. Work, in general, is a drag. I'll come home from my three-hour classes just to go to work. That's only on Mondays and Wednesdays. On every other day, I'm working. Guess where I work? A Daycare.

I know I should love kids and I really need to get better at working with them, hence the entire reason I'm working there, but I hate it. Why do I need to get better? Because I want to be a social worker. I'm majoring in psychology and minoring in English so that I can be the best in the business.

I've always wanted to help people and over my 22 years of life, I've found that I'm incredibly good at reading people and I give some dang good advice. I figured social work would be a good fit for me. Plus I have connections. My grandma was incredibly good at her job and she got me into it. I hope to be like her someday. I want to live up to her legacy. Which is being a total savage. Trust me.

"Hey, mom!" I yell as I enter my house.

Oh did I forget to mention that I live with my parents? Hey, don't judge me okay. I'm too busy to look for a place and I can't afford one.

"Hey! How was your day?" my mom asks in her irritated voice.

Look, I have no problem with my mom. I know how she feels. It's the end of the school year and my mom is a teacher which means, "Please don't talk to me unless you have wine," season. As I said, I'm really good at reading people.

"It was good and I'm pretty sure I'm about to make yours better," I smile as I bring a bottle of her favorite red wine into view.

"God I couldn't ask for a better daughter," she sighs and collapses into my arms.

"Fifth graders not treating you well?" I laugh as I pull out my graduation cap to decorate.

"Nope. They really hate history. I don't get it," she says, sarcastically as she grabs a bottle opener and two glasses.

I laugh at her joke and I start to sketch out what I wanted to do with it. That's another thing about me. I really like to draw. I don't know why, but I really like to draw out what I'm thinking and I've found that I'm pretty good at it too.

"What are you gonna do?" my mom asks glancing at my square piece of paper that I'm practicing on.

"Probably something Marvel related because that's basically my life and I can relate anything and everything to it," I say like it was obvious.

Because if you knew me at all, you would have guessed.

"Of course it is. You know, you're 22 Natalie. You need to grow up. I was kind of understanding of your obsession when you were 15, but you need to calm down," mom sighs in disappointment.

I glare up at her and grab my things, including the wine glass full of red.

"You know, I'm perfectly fine with my obsession. I truly believe that one day it could save lives. And just for your information, people happen to think it's funny and entertaining when I make a reference. You're the only one who doesn't get it."

I know she thinks that I'm blurring my reality and fantasy, but I'm really not. I just really enjoy it. It's not like I believe that the MCU is real or anything. I'm not stupid or that obsessed. It's just a nice place to escape all my stress. It's not like I judge her for spending $100 on 40 romance novels that she reads in one week or her stupid Turkish soap operas.

~~~~

After a while of brainstorming and sketching, I came to a final product. I'm putting the Captain America meme of him giving lectures in Spider-Man: Homecoming, but it says," So...you're graduating college."

I think it's hilarious.

I look at my clock and I realize it's about 11 o'clock and I have a final tomorrow, so I should probably sleep.

Once, I get comfortable in my bed, I play some soft jazz to let myself fall asleep. I know I'm a nerd, but let's face it. Louis Armstrong is an amazing trumpet player.

~~~~~~~

What the frack?

Sorry. Excuse my language, but what the frack?

When I wake up, my room is empty. Well, it's not empty. It has a small desk and some bookshelves, but all my stuff is gone. The only thing that I still have is the clothes on my body. I mean, I'm literally in booty shorts and a T-shirt.

Thank god I was too lazy to take off my bra last night.

I stand up off the floor and walk to the kitchen where I hear my mother making breakfast. I swear if my brother came back home just to pull this stupid prank, I will kill him. It's such a Jay thing to do. Or maybe it was my dad. No, he wouldn't be able to pull it off. I would have woken up from his groans because he can't move the furniture. And my mom is too mature for that.

Emily you bratt.

If I find out that Emily or Jay did this just to be mean, I'll actually kill them. Like come on guys, I'm your little sister. Why are you so mean to me?

Okay, that was a lot of babbling to myself.

"Mom? Where the hell is all my stuff?" I ask, but instead of groan from my mother about my use of language, I get a scream.

"Who the hell are you and what are you doing in my house?" she said while holding a wooden spoon in defense.

"Very funny. Please, can you just tell me where my stuff is? I have to get ready for my final. I'm going to be late," I say not wanting to deal with her bullshit.

"Stop calling me mom! I am not your mother! Listen if your lost or got some mental issues just use my phone to call for help. Please just don't hurt me!"

I decide to play along hoping that this stupid thing would be over. I go grab her phone from where she charges it in the living room. I go to unlock the phone, which the password is my birthday, April 22, but it doesn't unlock.

"You changed the password? Geez, that makes me feel loved," I say as I type in Emily's birthday and it works.

I scroll through her phone, but I don't see any trace of me. Not a single thing. I even look up my Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, all nothing.

"Do you really not know who I am?" I ask my mother in shock.

She shakes her head in confusion, no longer fear. I guess she realizes that I'm just as confused.

"Are you from a different planet or under some sort of mind control? If so I can get you the help you need," she offers and my eyes go wide.

"Excuse me? Another planet? Mind control? And you say I'm the crazy obsessed one," I laugh.

Mom just looks at me like I'm stupid, and shares her response.

"Where have you been the last few years?"

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask.

"Uh, New York, London, DC, you know all the terrible attacks? The attacks that, thank god, didn't get too much worse because of the Avengers."

What.

The.

Heck.

"Wait, wait, wait, you mean to tell me that the Avengers are real?" I ask and my mom nodded in confusion.

Wait she didn't mention anything about Infinity War or Endgame...rest in peace Tony and Natasha.

"What year is it?"

"Um, 2015."

I'm in the MCU. During Age of Ultron.