Chapter 5

After Steve left, I sat in that room crying. I really just needed to let it all out. It was refreshing. I knew I was never going to see my family again and I needed to accept that. I was chosen to be a hero.

Wait, what?

Why me? I'm a nobody. Why would this universe destroy mine just to get me over here? They obviously need me for something. Except they seemed to handle things just fine. Maybe they wanted to create a new timeline.

Oh my god. Since this universe is real, then wouldn't the Arrowverse be real, too? What if this universe for this timeline is just a fanfiction. If so, I really hate the author for ruining my life.

Wait.

I could totally use this.

What if I could tell them about all the heroes I read about and they can totally just save the world. Like do you have any idea how many times I thought, "Wow Superman could've ended that in two seconds,"?

A lot.

That would ruin the timeline though. But what if I were to change everything to save lives. Maybe I could change it so it wouldn't happen. I can find loopholes right?

I just have to play my cards right.

I left the room that I was sulking in and run to Bruce's lab hoping he would be in there. Lucky me, he was. Along with Tony and Thor.

"Guys! I totally have an idea!" I shout as I run in the room.

The three of them turn to me and give me a look to continue, and I do so.

"Okay, so I was thinking that maybe I could bring other superheroes to this earth. Because if you're real, they must be too. Obviously, they wouldn't stay because they have to protect their world too, but I always knew sometimes other heroes would just be better at defeating certain villains. Does that make sense?"

They all look at each other trying to piece together what I had said. Bruce shrugs in agreement, Tony seems to question the idea, but Thor's look is a whole new deal.

"It wouldn't work," Thor stated.

"Why not?" Bruce asks.

"Because we have no way of getting to another earth. Natalie made it to this world because the universe collided," he explained.

"Well, why can't we just make a breach?" I ask and they all look at me like I'm insane.

"Every earth is different. They all vibrate at different frequencies, so they can't see one another or communicate with one another. Even I have a different frequency than you guys. But, if you were to move fast enough, you could create a breach, a portal, and travel between worlds," I elaborate.

"So what kind of scientist are you?" Tony asks as he eats a bag of blueberries.

Oof. RDJ hiding food on set.

"I'm not. I just have a minor obsession with comic books," I shrug.

"Okay nerd, how do you plan on going fast enough to do that? Or do you have some other alternative?" Tony asks again.

"See that's the issue, I don't have super speed like Barry Allen, and I am no Harrison Wells and I couldn't explain how to do that, but I'm sure you can figure it out. After all, it was you two that figured out time travel," I say and point to Bruce and Tony.

"Time travel? Are you serious?" Bruce asks completely stunned.

"Yep."

"Go back a second. Super speed. Thor, do you know of any aliens in this universe that have speed?" Tony asks, munching on the fruit.

No! Not aliens! Mutants! I'm so stupid!

"I don't know of any that could go the speed needed to travel - "

"Maybe not an alien. You have a speedster on this earth at this very moment," I tell them, getting excited.

"What? Who?" Bruce asked totally confused, but really curious.

"Well, you will find out soon enough. Until then we better get the team together! You have a HYDRA base to take down!"

They all look at me like I'm crazy and I can't help but smile.

My day is looking a lot better.

~~~~~

"So you're telling me that Strucker stole Loki's scepter as has been using it to experiment on people?" Steve asks me, completely shocked.

"No, Strucker didn't steal it. Sitwell gave it to him because y'all gave it to SHIELD after the attack on New York. Sitwell and Rumlow were in charge of collecting evidence and alien products. They were also HYDRA as you all know by now," I explain.

"Right, so where is this base?" Natasha asked me.

"Sokovia."

"And there is also a speedster there? Who?" Bruce asked, getting really interested in the twins.

"Pietro Maximoff and his twin sister Wanda Maximoff were the only two survivors of Strucker's experiments. They are supposed to be your whole element of surprise thing and take you down during the attack on the base."

"If they work for Strucker what makes you think he'll help us get to other earths?" Clint asks.

"Excellent question. I can't tell you that," I say simply.

"Natalie, you have said so much about the future already. Why can't you tell us this?" Steve tries to convince me.

It's true I have told them a lot, but if I tell them that Pietro and Wanda come together with the Avengers after they realized that Tony created a psychopath, Tony would never do it. They may seem good now, but if Tony doesn't create Ultron, Vision is never created, Tony never learns from his guilt, and Pietro and Wanda never have a reason to join us in the first place.

Holy crap. I just used 'us' as in me and the Avengers.

"Look if I tell you what will happen it will mess up a lot of things. If I tell you this one simple thing, it won't happen because-" I stop myself.

"Well, I can't tell you that either."

The six Avengers all look at each other and then back at me. It's as if they are questioning my judgment. I have to say, I'm kind of offended because I think I've proven myself. I haven't messed up anything, as far as I know, and I'm trying to help them.

"You still don't trust me," I sigh.

"Well, you do know a lot about us. How do we know you aren't here to kill us?" Nat asks.

"Because of what Thor said. I'm supposed to be a hero according to what Heimdal said about the collision of realities. If I'm a hero, why would I take out the Avengers?" I make my point.

Steve looks at his peers, and -

Wait, could they even be considered his peers? Like he's like 60 years older than them.

Whatever.

Steve looks at his...companions...and then directly at me.

"Suit up."

"Does that include me?" I ask as they all exit the room.

"You're a hero aren't you?" Tony looks back at me.

Woah. I'm an Avenger. Well, it hasn't been made official or anything, but yeah, basically. Oh my god, I sound as desperate as Peter Parker. Well, I am so whatever.

Oh heck. I forgot about something kind of important.

"Wait! I don't have a suit!"