Chapter 14

"Alright. The Maximoffs are currently trying to scare mister douchebag up there but failing. We just have to wait for a little longer," I say as we walk farther into the ship.

"Keep your friends rich, keep your enemies rich, and wait to find out which is which," we hear Ultron say.

"Hey, that's my line," Tony pouts.

"Where do you think he got it?" I question and Tony shrugs.

"Don't compare me to Stark!" Ultron yells and his voice carries throughout the boat.

"Stark! He's, he's a sickness!" Ultron rants.

"Alright, time to go now," I say and Tony flies over.

"Aw, junior. You're gonna break your old man's heart," Tony coons.

Thor, Cap, and I approach from behind. I wanted to stick with the three of them to see if I could perhaps speed up the process of Ultron. Maybe get the Maximoffs to come to our side early before anyone even has to die. Tony knows he screwed up.

"Only if I have to," Ultron smirks.

"No one has to break anything," Thor argues.

"Clearly you've never made an omelet," I say before either Tony or Ultron can.

"You beat me by one second," Tony states.

"I know," I smile.

"Who are you? I can't seem to find anything about you. It's as if - "

"It's as if I don't exist. It's because I don't nitwit," I cut Ultron off.

"How is that possible?" Ultron asks, for once confused.

I just shrug with a smirk which only seems to anger him more.

"Listen, you two can still walk away from this. I know you've suffered," Steve tries to talk them out of things.

"Captain America," Ultron says in a disgusted voice.

"God's righteous man. Pretending you can live without a war. I can't physically throw up in my mouth - " Ultron says but Thor changes the topic.

"If you truly believe in peace - "

"I think you're confusing peace with quiet," Ultron turns things back onto him.

"And I think you're confusing peace with war," I add.

"Alright, I'm done with this," Ultron says and nearly blows me to bits, but Steve jumps in front of me just in time to block it with his shield.

"Thanks," I say somewhat out of breath.

"Anytime."

I run over to the Maximoffs in hopes of convincing them to change their minds. When I reach Wanda, she just blasts me with her powers. I can tell she hesitated. I know that she thinks what she's doing is right, but she also is curious about me. After what I said about her parents, she just wants to know how I knew. I know so much about her and her brother. I would be more than willing to tell her. She just has to let me.

"Wanda please!" I yell after her, but it doesn't work.

She just keeps ignoring me. I try to find my way to Pietro, but he's too fast. then I got an idea.

"Thor!" I shout.

"A little busy at the moment, Lady Natalie!" he yells back.

"I know, but I need you to throw Mjolnir at the blur. At Pietro," I explain and he sighs.

Thor throws the hammer and continues to punch down some robots.

As expected, Pietro tries to catch it, but he fails. I run over to where he fell. I just hope that he doesn't run away while I try to talk to him.

When I reach him, I knelt down and put my hand on his shoulder in order to show trust and comfort. He jumps at the action, but doesn't try to stop me or move my hand. He just looks me in the eye, confused.

"You need to listen to me. Ultron is no better than Tony. He will just try to destroy the world. Trust me I know," I try to reason.

"How do you know?" he asks me, intrigued.

"Because I saw it. I'm not from this universe, but I know every detail about it. I need you to believe me," I say.

"Thor status!" Cap commands after seeing Wanda play with his brain.

Crap. We don't have much time.

"The girl tried to warp my mind. I take special care I doubt a human could keep her at bay. Fortunately, I am mighty," he replies over coms.

"I need proof," Pietro commands.

Oh my god! Idea!

"Okay, but I'll need your help to get it."

"What do you need?" he asks, determined.

"Follow me and do what I say, please," I tell him and help him to his feet.

"Cap?" I ask, knowing that he was the next of the mind hit list.

He doesn't respond which tell me that Wanda already got to him.

"Pietro I need you to stop your sister. She'll end up being responsible for the deaths of people close by," I explain.

He picks me up bridal style and he runs trying to find his sister. By the time we find and reach her, Nat is already down.

"Wanda stop!" I yell before she makes her way to Clint.

That's where everything went wrong.

"Will you just leave me alone!" she yells and gets ready to hit me with her powers.

"Listen to her," Pietro says and she calms down.

"What's your proof?" Pietro asks me.

"My mind. Wanda read my mind. It will tell you everything you need to know," I say.

Wanda looks at me curiously and walks in my direction. She walks up in front of me. She extends her hand towards my head and I take a deep breath. As she looks through my mind, I can see everything she's looking for.

"Of course it is. You know, you're 22 Natalie. You need to grow. I was kind of understanding of your obsession when you were 15, but you need to calm down," mom sighs in disappointment.

"My name is Natalie Lyn Carter and I don't exist on this earth. I would love to get back to my earth, but I have no idea how to do that."

"I already did Captain. She's right. Natalie Lyn Carter doesn't exist. There is no trace of her or identity removal. She's telling the truth," Jarvis explained.

"Not exactly. On my earth, you guys are the ones that don't exist. Well, you exist, but only in comics and movies. I am on an earth where the Marvel Cinematic Universe is real. Earth 616. I'm a big fan," I smile.

A flying city about to crash down on earth. It will kill millions. Wanda just ripped the heart out of Ultron, seeing her brother murdered. One child of Ultron left pushed the key and the city starts to fall. People died.

Wanda backs away with tears streaming down her face. She looks over at Pietro and drops to her knees.

"Wanda, what did you see?" Pietro asks, consoling her on the ground.

"Everything," she says a little angrier.

"What do you need?" Wanda asks me.

"Ultron is going to try to make a body. I need you to make sure the process is started, but I need your help to get the cradle to us," I explain.

That way Natasha won't get kidnapped and Bruce won't have to hulk out, and he can remain on earth.

"Got it."