Chapter 31

When Bucky left I went back to unpacking. I got through the majority of the boxes when I find a box I don't recognize. I open the box to see a note from Tony.

I hope you and Spangles enjoy ;)

-Tony

I move the note a see five pairs of lingerie.

Real classy, Tony.

They're all so different I can't even describe what is going on here. I'll leave that to your imagination. I pull out the colorful pieces of clothing and put them in a drawer. First the light blue, then the navy, purple, red, and the black.

As I pack them away, Steve walks into the room. He practically chokes when he sees them.

"I didn't realize you were into that," Steve says as his eyes look away from the underwear.

"Oh, I'm not. Tony is though. Trust me. No one is more uncomfortable than me. Like how did Tony even know my size?" I ask rhetorically.

"You ordered all of your clothes with my money. I looked at the receipt," Tony enters the room.

"Why did you purchase these?" I ask and look over at Steve who is red as a tomato.

Cute.

"Because. I thought you could introduce Capsicle to how people can get these days," Tony shrugs.

"Oh, Steve has a sexy side. I'm just grateful that he's also pretty sweet about it," I say and Steve glares at me.

"Wow, I never thought the virgin would be so wild in bed," Tony pokes fun.

"Well, he has been building up the tension since the '30s so we can't be too surprised," I smile.

I look over at a very uncomfortable looking Steve and I walk over to him. I embrace him in a warm hug to make him feel better.

"It's okay, soldier. You won't have to wait much longer," I say pecked his lips.

"This is my cue to leave," Tony says and exits the room while closing the door behind him.

Steve looks down at me. He's no longer blushing, but he is still visibly nervous.

"Steve, I have to tell you something," I squeeze my eyes shut with guilt.

Before I do anything intimate, I need to be honest with him. I don't want him to sleep with me and then regret it later.

"What did you do?" Steve sighs.

"Thanks for the confidence," I say sarcastically.

"Okay, so I'm going to assume it has something to do with Bucky," he thinks, ignoring my comment.

"Hey, what makes you say that?" I ask a little stunned he knew so quickly.

"Because last night you told me he liked you and this morning I saw him walk into your room not long after I left."

"Promise you won't get mad?"

"Did I last time?" Steve sighed.

"Okay, but last time was different. You can't get mad at someone for liking another human being," I tilt my head.

"So, I'm assuming you did more than talk," Steve sadly smiles.

"Yeah, he kissed me. He said he didn't feel anything though! So, I guess that's good for us right? I have made it my mission to find him a girl that is good enough for him. I was thinking Natasha, but that would require breaking up her and Bruce. They weren't that great though. I did not ship that one - "

"Natalie, I think you are incredibly oblivious when it comes to you and emotions," Steve says sternly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask, offended.

"I mean that Bucky didn't feel 'nothing'. He felt guilty. He didn't want to feel anything so he told you he didn't. Trust me. I know my best friend. Bucky just wants me to be happy and he thinks that by kissing you he'll get in between us. I'm not mad. If anything I'm sad that he can't find anyone that will accept him and like him back," Steve explains.

"You're an incredible friend and boyfriend," I smile.

"Well, I'm not really much of the jealous type. You said that you were sure and I know you wouldn't have said that if it weren't true. You're too honest. Sometimes not in a good way," Steve laughs.

"I guess you're right," I smile.

I go up on my tip toes so I can get closer to his face. I wrap my arms around his neck and he pulls me closer to him.

"Natalie?"

"Yes, Captain?"

"I'm going to kiss you now. Is that alright?" he asks as he did back at Clint's farmhouse.

"Yes, Captain."

Steve's lips take mine in a sweet kiss.

~~~~~

I woke up covered in sweat and my heart was racing. Steve woke up due to my abruptness and gave me a concerned look.

"Natalie, what's wrong? What happened?" Steve asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just had a really strange dream," I explain.

"What was it about?"

"It was about us, the Avengers, the future. Steve, I think I know how to save this world. I think I know how to stop Thanos."

A/N

Hey lovies!

So uh yes this is the end of the book...BUT THERE'S A SEQUEL (and it's completed).

I would like to thank you all for reading and showing support. All the votes and comments make me so happy and even just seeing the reader count go up gets me so hyped. I legit call my mom everytime I hit a milestone.

Thank you again. I love you all 3000.