Chapter 25

A couple of days have passed since we told Tony about his parents. He seemed to come to terms with it though. He forgave Bucky even though they haven't even met and that means the world to Steve and I.

Speaking of that little trial, I mentioned some things Steve didn't know about. Like the 20 years of torture. I was there for him because of it.

I was more than happy to be Steve shoulder to cry on because he was mine after I lost my whole world. And I mean that literally.

That's it though. Just a shoulder to cry on.

Steve and I still haven't made anything official. In fact, we haven't even talked about it. Ever since Sokovia, Steve has been kind of distant and it makes me a little sad. I think I might want something real though.

Anyway, since I told Tony we wanted to recruit somebody, I figured I should make that happen. So today, I will be getting Steve a present.

I don't exactly know how Bucky is going to believe me, so I have to get some sort of proof that I'm not police and I know Steve. Getting physical evidence wouldn't be good enough because anyone could steal it.

I need something with meaning and something only the two of them would know.

A promise will do.

My only problem is that I still have no idea how to fly a plane. I also don't want to take anyone with me because I don't want Steve to know where I went. I want this to be a surprise.

"Hey, Friday?" I ask the new AI system

"Yes, Natalie?" she responds right away.

"Do you think you could fly me to Romania?"

"That shouldn't be a problem. Will you be taking the quinjet?" she asks.

"Most likely. I want to leave tonight. Also, can you make sure you don't tell the team where I'm going? If they ask, say I needed some space and decided to go back to Cleveland for a day or two," I tell the voice.

"Of course. I shall prepare the flight for 3 hours from now. Is that okay?"

"Sounds good. Thank you, Friday."

I start to pack my bag full of my own belongings. I don't need Nat's anymore because my online ordered items are now here at Avengers Tower.

I pack a small duffle bag with two pairs of extra clothing, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, and other basic items like my phone and charger. I also pack my suit, gun, and knife just in case I run into some problems.

Since Steve only talked to me for a bit to cry about Bucky, I asked Natasha to show me a few things. Now, I'm a decent shot and can do basic self-defense. It's not much, but it's only been a couple of days of free time.

I take my bag and walk out of my bedroom. I quietly walk through the dark hallway to get to the quinjet. I don't want to wake anyone before I even leave. I don't want to have to explain where I'm going.

I'm not the best liar.

When I get to the jet, I have about an hour and a half left of free time before the plane leaves. I decided to get my bag situated and go back to get some snacks.

I don't want to get hungry and I can't exactly stop to get fast food.

I grab an apple, a banana, and I make a sandwich. I have this weird obsession with sandwiches. They are by far my favorite food because you can do anything with a sandwich.

While I'm here and tempted, I go to Steve's room. I know he's not asleep since it's only midnight. He usually stays up and reads or works out. Which is where he is now; in the gym. He'll be there for a while.