Chapter 2

So I have no friends. I had friends, but none of them know who I am. I am so incredibly lonely. I thought I was lonely before, but I was never so wrong.

"Well, now what?" I mumble to myself.

It was at that moment when I had the greatest idea of my entire life. I could have my dream come true. Except this is better than meeting Chris Evans or Robert Downey Jr. I would be meeting the actual characters.

I actually just squealed. Not kidding. A squeal just exited my face hole.

God kill me now.

Wait oh my god! I can say oh my Loki and people would actually get it now.

Wait. I can't tell Thor that Loki is alive. And that he is a good little bean now because that would wreck the storyline.

This will be hard.

Don't be Barry Allen, Natalie.

Okay, so I live about six hours away from New York City. That shouldn't be too bad of a drive.

Nat, in case you forgot, you don't exist here. Meaning you have no car. Or money. Or phone.

Basically, you're screwed.

Oh my god! Mom understands that I'm in a bit of a pickle, so I can ask her for some help.

I walk back into my house, well my mom's house. I probably shouldn't call her mom.

"Hey, Nancy?" I ask as I walk back into the house.

Should I of knocked? Probably.

She jumped at the sound of my voice, but she turned around with a smile.

"Is there something else you need? I'm sorry I didn't get your name," she apologized.

"Oh right," I shake my head, "I'm Natalie. Here's the thing. I believe that I am on a different earth. On my earth, you were my mom. Obviously. I think I know where I can get help back to my world, but I have no way of getting there because I have no stuff or identity here," I say and Nancy seems to understand.

"Well, I can't give you my car, but I can buy you a bus ticket or something and give you some cash and some food - " I cut her off with a thank you.

"Thank you that would be helpful," I smile.

If I didn't cut her off, she would have offered more to give me, but I know my mom and dad are struggling, so I stopped her before she gave me the house.

~~~~

After about an hour I was leaving with new clothes that I stole from Emily stuff that was still at my mom's, a sandwich, some cash, a toothbrush, hairbrush, my old clothes, a notepad to draw on, a book, and a bus ticket that was all nicely packed in a bag that was also stolen from Emily.

"Thank you for your help. I know you have to go to work now, so I really appreciate everything you have done for me. I know you don't know me, and I know you have major trust issues. Thank you."

"Trust issues? No way. I think I trust way too easily," she laughed.

Right.

Different earth, different people.

~~~~~~

I think I just suffered the longest, most uncomfortable six hours of my life.

It was about three in the afternoon by the time I got to the city. I wasn't anywhere near Manhattan though. I was in Brooklyn and it's about a 30-minute train ride to Manhattan from where I was.

Of course, I had to purchase a Metro Card which was like $20 for the week, so that's nice. I have about $30 to spare. New York is crazy expensive and if the Avengers don't help me, I will be homeless.

I did a lot of mission trips in high school to New York so I know a lot of friendly places to go to. I know for sure I could just ask YSOP for a job or something. I know like everyone there.

Or do I? They could be completely different people.

This hurts my brain.

~~~~

When I got to Manhattan, I got off at a spot that I thought would be close to the Avengers Tower. Look, New York in the MCU is actually Cleveland. It's not like I could just read the signs as I was watching the movies. Besides I'm not that obsessed.

I walk about 10 blocks until I reach the tower and I can feel myself starting to shake. Shake of excitement and fear. I try to find the time somewhere around and I look up to see a screen that is basically reading my mind and gave me the time.

4:07

Not too bad Nat, not too bad.

Oh my god, I have to go by Natalie because of Natasha. We can't get confused now, can we?

I enter the building and bunch alarms go off. Which should have been expected but I'm stupid. This is a house for superheroes. Of course they have security.

A bunch of people walking the streets gave me a strange look and I figured that I was the only one ever dumb enough to just walk into Avengers Tower.

All of a sudden, I was surrounded by the iron legion and I could think about was how much use they turned out to be. FYI, not a lot.

"Please exit the building and go back to the streets," the robots repeated over and over again.

I just ignored them and proceeded to the elevator where a voice, unlike the robots, spoke over a PA as I entered.

"I must ask you to leave the building before you get hurt or arrested. This is your final warning miss," Jarvis stated and I began to get nervous.

I'm good at hiding that though.

"Look, Jarvis, I know you're probably running facial recognition to find out who I am. Let me save you the trouble and tell you. My name is Natalie Lyn Carter and I don't exist on this earth. I would love to get back to my earth, but I have no idea how to do that. I'm hoping that Bruce Banner and Tony Stark can help me, so I don't care if I'm arrested or hurt because I have nothing to lose," I explain while gradually raising my voice.

There was a pause and I assume that it's because Jarvis is informing Tony what I had just said.

After a minute or two, the elevator began to go up and Jarvis spoke again.

"Captain Rogers will greet you when the elevator reaches the stop," he explained.

"Thanks, Jarvis."