Chapter 11

Tony's POV

Natalie walked away crying and I look over at Capsicle who doesn't even seem to care. He just sighs and shakes his head in anger. He ran a hand through his blonde hair and ignored my presence.

"What the hell did you say to her?"

He looks back at me and I can tell that he doesn't even know what he did wrong.

"Nothing! I just got annoyed because she won't tell me why she hates me! I don't get what I did wrong, Tony. I was the one who trusted her and told everyone to give her a chance!" he yelled.

This is true. Natasha, Bruce, and I were very skeptical of the whole situation. We were positive she was crazy, and if we didn't listen to Steve, she would've been homeless. He was right. She wasn't from our universe and thank god for that. We needed new eyes, new blood. We could've made a lot more mistakes if she wasn't there to guide us through it all.

"That's women for you. They expect you to figure it all out," I say and pat the soldier on the back.

"You guys are so dumb," a voice from behind says.

Steve and I turn to see Clint who was apparently listening to everything that was being said.

"Wow, you really are quite the spy," I comment, but he ignores it.

"What do you mean by that, Barton?" Steve asks, now a lot calmer than before.

"You think she's deliberately keeping something from you. Except she's not. Why is she not telling any of us anything? Because she can't," he explains.

Steve looks at me and then back at Barton.

"Are you saying that she's mad at me for something I did in the future?" Steve scoffs and Clint nods.

"Well, that's just not fair at all," I say.

"I need a drink," Steve sighs and goes off to find Thor.

Me too, man. Me too.

~~~~~

After the party, a group of us sit around and just chat. It's nice. It's something I miss. However, I realize the newest member isn't anywhere to be seen.

"Guys, I'll be right back. I have to go fix a problem," I say and look at Steve who just looks down at the floor.

"What's the problem?" Maria asked confused.

"I believe there is trouble in a particular super soldier's paradise," I smirk.

"Wait, Steve and Natalie? That's a thing?" Natasha asks with a bright smile on her face.

"No. There is no thing. No paradise. In fact, it's far from it," Steve argues.

"It's okay Cap, you can like the newbie," I say as I start to walk away.

"What makes you think I even like her, Tony?" Steve inquires.

"Because of how upset you got over Natalie being pissed at you," Clint answers for me.

God, he knows me so well.

"Wait, why is Natalie mad at Steve?" Bruce asks, looking between Steve, Clint, and I.

"Because Steve messed up big time. Apparently, you broke a promise," Clint says and I suddenly want to know of this promise.

"Except I haven't.'

"Yet!" I yell.

When I reach the fangirl's room, I knock three times on the door. It takes a minute, but she eventually opens the door. Her eyes are red and puffy from crying and she changed out of her dress into jeans and a T-shirt.