Chapter 19

"So."

"So..."

Steve and I stand on opposite sides of the bed that we are supposed to share. We've barely spoken since we walked in here. I'm almost considering sleeping on the floor. In fact, I asked, but Steve said he wouldn't allow it.

"We can both be mature adults about this right? We are just sharing a bed. It's not like we're going to have sex," I state and a blush creeps over Steve's face

Wait. Are the memes true? Is Steve actually a 97-year-old virgin?

"Steve, can I ask you a personal question?" I smile as I climb over the bed.

"No," he firmly states.

I assume he knows exactly what I want to ask judging by the upset glare he is giving me. I know he doesn't mean it though.

"Well, I'm asking anyway," I smile and wrap my arms around Steve's neck in a playful manner.

"Of course you are," Steve rolls his eyes and refuses to make eye contact.

"Steven Grant Rogers, are you a virgin?"

"Does that really matter?" he says, unamused at my comment.

"Oh my, Thor! You are!" I slap his arm as I laugh.

"Seriously?" he sighs.

"You're right. I'm sorry," I sober up.

"Look, I fully support your religious values and stuff, but man this is the 21st century. You don't have to wait until marriage anymore," I chuckled.

"Who said that's what I'm waiting for?"

'Well, what are you waiting for, Captain?" I inquire.

"The right partner."

Did he just? He did.

"Repeating your lines now, soldier?" I smirk.

"I guess so."

"So, can we go to bed now? I'm tired and you look like crap," I tell him pointing out the bags under his eyes.

"Gee, thanks. Yeah, we can go to bed," he smiles and wraps his hands around my waist.

His hands send shivers up my spine and I can tell he wants to kiss me again. I want to kiss him, too. I want to do more than kiss him, but I'm not that type of person. At least not with him. I want an actual relationship with a guy. I've never had that before. I think Steve would be a good start.

"Natalie?" Steve whispers.

He leans closer to me and I can feel his breath on my face. I can feel his nose touch mine. His eyes look down at my lips as they brush against each other ever so slightly.

"Yes, Captain?" I whisper back.

My lips brushed across his as I spoke. My hands venture into his hair and Steve pulls me closer. Our bodies push against each other. Heat radiates off of the soldier.

"I'm going to kiss you now. Is that alright?" he says seductively.

"Yes, Captain."

When Steve kissed me this time, it was different. It was hungrier. It was full of lust. It was almost sloppy, but in a good way. He started to push me back onto the bed and I let him.

Steve breaks away from my lips and makes a trail of kisses down my jawline and down to my neck. A small gasp escapes my lips and it only encourages Steve to keep going.

His hands roam all over my waist. Just my waist though. He never goes lower and never comes higher.

I pull at the end of his shirt about to pull it over his head, but there was a knock at the door.