Chapter 7

Natalie's POV

"Will somebody deal with that bunker?" Nat asks as she tends to Clint's wounds.

I know I'm not with them, but I know it's happening.

"Hulk's on it!" I shout and hear the roars.

"Thank you."

"Hey Tony, I would love to get inside that building. I might have better luck catching Wanda," I say as I wait outside the base.

"I'm closing in," Tony replies.

"Cap I would love a hand in here. I might need some help dealing with Strucker," I suggest.

"I'll meet you there," he returns.

"Draw bridge is down people!" Tony shouts over coms.

I slowly made my way into the building trying to be as careful as possible.

"Clint's hit pretty bad, guys. We're gonna need evac!" Nat explains the current situation.

"I can get Barton to the jet. The sooner we're gone the better. You help Natalie find the girl and make sure Stark handles the scepter," Thor gives out the commands.

"Copy that," I smirked taking Steve's line.

"Find the scepter!" Thor shouts again.

"And for gosh sakes watch your language," Tony and I say at the same time.

What can I say? I have a bad habit of quoting movies.

"That's not going away anytime soon," Steve sighs.

"No, it does not," I say happily.

I think this is the highlight of the movie.

I walk into a room that I thought would be empty, but I was so wrong.

I didn't know this was the doorway to the stairs. That's just peachy.

Stucker was running to escape, but when he saw me, he put a gun to my head. I would've pulled out the gun that Natasha had given me that I still hadn't used due to fear, but an agent kicked me down to my knees from behind and took my weapon.

"Hey Cap, I could really use that help right about now," I say, terrified.

"I'm almost there. Hang on," Steve reassures me.

They now know that I have communications and they remove them from my ear and smash the com to pieces. Strucker gets closer to my head and the barrel now touches my skin. It was cold and rough.

"Please, don't hurt me. I'm just a psychologist," I try to talk myself out of dying.

I know that I'm not actually a psychologist, but close enough.

"You're here with the Avengers, so I think you are of more importance," he disagrees and presses the firearm harder against my head.

All of a sudden, the agent that was standing behind me, was knocked to the ground and I was so thankful that Steve was here. Steve helped me to my feet and approached Strucker.

"Baron Strucker. HYDRA's number one thug," Steve said.

"Technically I'm a thug for SHIELD," he tries to fire back, but I couldn't resist the need to shut him down.

"Well, then technically you're unemployed," I scoff and Steve looks at me with that, 'I was going to say that' until he realized that I knew that already.

"Where's Loki's scepter?"

Bro, what about Wanda?

"Where's Wanda Maximoff?" I add in my thoughts.

Stucker looks at me like I was some sort of god. I guess I understand considering the experiments that created the Maximoffs are classified.

"How do you know about them?" Stucker asks me, amazed.

"Maybe I'll answer your questions if you answer ours first," I dispute.

"Don't worry, I know when I'm beat - "

"Steve, we don't have time for this. She's here," I mumble, cutting the madman off.

Steve turns around and we are met with a very confused Wanda Maximoff. She looks over at Stucker who nods as an order to take us both down.

"Wanda wait!" I yell right before she throws Steve and I down the stairs.

She hesitates and it allows me to continue my thoughts.

"I know why you let Strucker do this to you. It's because you wanted to get back at Tony Stark. Because his weapons killed your parents and they nearly killed you and your brother," I say and Steve looks at me in shock.

"Listen. I can help you get through this, but you have to let me. Just at least allow me to talk to you and Pietro," I plead, but I guess mentioning her brother wasn't the best idea.

Wanda throws us off the stairs, Steve dropping his shield, and Wanda runs off probably because she's scared. I don't blame her either. I'm a stranger that claimed to know her she was. In all honesty, I don't know Wanda Maximoff. I just know who she shows herself to be. I'm sure I can figure it out though.

I never really went into depth with her character. I know a lot about my favorites because I obsessed about them. Not that I don't like the Scarlet Witch or anything, she's awesome, but I never really thought about her all that much.

Steve and I stand and walk back up the stairs to where Strucker was waiting for us.

"You're going to have to be faster than - " Strucker started to say before Steve kicked his shield up and hit Strucker in the face then landed safely into the Captain's hand.

"Guys, we have Strucker," Steve informs the team.

"That's great, I uh," Tony pauses and I remember where he is.

"I got something bigger," he finishes his sentence and Steve looks at me knowing that I know what is happening.

"It's time to go," I tell Steve in a serious tone.

"Shouldn't we help Tony? Where is he?" Steve asks concerned.

"He'll be fine. He needs some enlightening though," I say knowing that this is the start of Ultron.

How could anyone see the death of their team, their friends, their family and not feel guilty about it? He wants to help them or change what he sees in that vision and to Tony, that means creating Ultron. I may think Tony is stupid for doing so, but I have to let it happen.

Maybe it would be better if he didn't though.

Think about it.

The whole reason Tony signed the stupid Accords was because he felt guilty at this moment. If he didn't sign the Accords, Steve and Tony would be together to fight against Thanos and maybe they would've won.

No. I think I know what I have to do. Tony has to learn, but that doesn't mean people have to die, right?

Time wants to happen. Thanos would've won no matter what. Even if we killed his past self. Nebula killed her past self and it did nothing. Nothing can change the future.

Meaning that no matter what I do, Tony will still make Ultron.