Chapter 15

After the Maximoffs leave, I try to gather the team. I remember that Bruce was misinformed and I realize it's probably best to tell him that.

"Bruce!" I yell over coms.

"Natalie? Thank god! Is it a code green?" he asks frantically.

"No! Whatever you do stay on the jet!" I yell back.

I'm proud of myself I just saved a bunch of people's lives and homes. Now I just have to get my team back.

"Guys, I got the Maximoffs on board. We need to catch up back on the jet. Clint, get to Nat. She's hit pretty bad," I say to the team.

~~~~~

"So let me get this straight," Tony says.

"The Maximoffs are making sure that Ultron's plan is working?" Tony says shocked.

"Yes, only for now though. I didn't exactly have time to get the vibranium that was getting away while convincing the Maximoffs to believe me," I say.

"What exactly is Ultron's plan?" Bruce asks.

"He wants to use Dr. Cho to build a new body for himself with the vibranium," I say.

"And what's our plan?" Tony asks.

"To take that body and put Jarvis in it."

"But Jarvis is dead," Bruce says confused.

"Well, no. Ultron only thinks he destroyed Jarvis. Jarvis has been hiding and he's is your little ally that has been changing all the nuclear codes," I explain.

"What about the scepter? He took that, too. What does he need the scepter for?" Thor asks.

"It's not the scepter. It's what's inside the scepter," I state.

"What's inside the scepter?" Tony asks curiously.

"Thor, would you mind telling us what Wanda showed you?" I ask.

"Uh, I saw my people. Heimdal, he told me that Asgard will be lost because I'm not there to rule them," Thor stumbles with confusion as to why I asked.

"Anything else?" I hint that there's more.

"I saw these stones - "

"Yes! That's what I was looking for. These stones are known as the infinity stones. There are six of them. These stones are the most powerful objects in the universe. In the scepter lays the mind stone. Ultron plans to put the mind stone into the body's head," I explain.

"So, what are the Maximoffs doing?" Tony backtracks the conversation.

"They are getting the body to us and saving the mind of Dr. Cho."

I noticed Steve sulking in the corner. He hasn't spoken since we got on the jet and I'm wondering what's got him so down. His vision didn't affect him so much before, so I wonder what changed.

"Steve?" I say as I sit down next to him.

He looks up at me and gives me a fake smile, but then looks back down at his feet. I place a hand on his shoulder to try to get him more comfortable, but it doesn't seem to work. Instead, he removes my hand and moves farther away from me.

"Did I do something?" I ask.

He just shakes his head and hides his face in his hands. I clearly did something though. He wouldn't fake smile and try to hide his emotions if something wasn't wrong. He usually just brushes it off and distracts himself with work, but he didn't.

He's different. The universe is different now and that's because of me. So whatever is wrong with Steve leads back to me.

"Well, let me know when you decide to be honest," I scoff.

I instantly knew that was mean and hypocritical, but I had already made my way back to the group.

Steve's POV

Natalie stands up and stomps away. I feel guilty for not talking to her, but I don't think this is the right place. Everyone would hear what we say and I think this should be a private conversation. I could have said that to her, but that makes me nervous. Talking to her makes me nervous.

I guess Stark was right. Maybe I do like Natalie. I can't help it. She's strong, brave, and isn't scared to speak her mind. She doesn't give up and she stands up for herself. She was willing to risk the state of the future to save lives.

Plus, she's absolutely stunning. Her blue eyes are so deep that I practically fall into them. Her long wavy brown hair is so soft and shiny and frames her face perfectly. Natalie's perfectly sun kissed skin is incredibly soft. Her smile is my favorite part about her and her laugh fills the room.

When I'm around her, my heart starts to race. My hands get shaky and sweaty, so I constantly hide them or hold onto something to ensure she doesn't notice. I never know what to say when I'm around her. It's like my head is spinning.

When we fought, when she was mad at me, when I was mad at her, I thought I could lose her. I felt empty because of it.

She drives me crazy.

That's not it though.

Whatever Wanda made me see only makes me believe it more.

And it scares me.

Natalie's POV

"Hey, Tony?" I approach the billionaire with a quiet voice.

"Yes?" he gives me his full attention.

"What up with the Fourth of July Stripper?" I ask in a worried tone despite the nickname that was used.

"First of all, that nickname is amazing and I'm totally stealing that. Second of all, aren't you a psychologist? Shouldn't you be able to read people like it's no big deal?" Tony asks.

"Well, no. I was in training. I was about to get my degree when I was blasted here. That's not the point. I'm usually pretty good at it. I thought I knew Steve the most because I obsessed about him and Bucky so much. It became a problem honestly. But he seems so different and out of character and I can't seem to figure out why," I explain.

Tony just laughs and pulls me in for a hug.

"Oh, kid, you just made my day," Tony said in between laughs.

"What do you know that I don't?" I question the playboy.

"Lemme ask you this," he says and I nodded for him to continue.

"Does Steve ever find a love interest in the modern day? As in not Peggy Carter," he asks.

I roll my eyes and sigh at the thought of Sharon.

First of all, it's just gross because she's related to Peggy. Second of all, Steve's way too good for her.

No hate on Sharon though. She's an amazing character honestly. She's just not for Steve that's all.

"Yeah, why?" I ask, confused as to why that's relevant.

"Compare that to now."

Steve doesn't really change when he had feelings for Sharon. I mean he had feelings for her, but his personality didn't change and he didn't act differently.

"It doesn't compare at all though. Steve was still exactly the same," I say.

"Then compare now to Peggy."

Now I know what he's getting at.

"You think Steve has feelings for me?" I whisper-yell.

"Oh, it's not just me. It's everyone on board. We even had a nice chat about it at the party before I left to fetch you. You can just tell," Tony shrugs.

Oh my god. Does Steve like me?