Chapter 23

When we get to the base, Pietro runs me inside so we can get to some butt kicking. I really can't do a whole lot, but I can smash stuff.

Alright then, she-hulk.

Just kidding, she's an actual person.

I see Natasha kick some of them down then stabs them with her glow stick. I know that's not what it is. I just don't want to get into the science of it all right now.

Hulk is obviously doing some smashing and so is Clint. I decided it was about time that I jumped in.

I run and jump onto one of the robots from the balcony that Pietro had left me on. My weight pulls the metal man down a little, but not enough to pull him to the ground. I look into my suit to see my gun and one knife. I wasn't really planning to fight any of these things. Plus, I was in a hurry, so I didn't pack a lot.

I grab the knife and shove it into the side of the robot's neck. It's a robot so that doesn't kill it, but I push down on it and the head pops off.

When I start to fall, I regret my decision to jump onto them. Out of a fear reflex, I scream. I really hate screaming, but I didn't really care when I was falling to my death.

When I hit the ground I realize that I didn't hit the ground at all. Someone caught me. That someone was not Steve, to my surprise.

My hero was the one and only Natasha Romanoff.

"Thanks," I say as she puts me down.

"It looked like you needed it," she smiled.

"Shall we?" she asks.

"We shall."

I look around to see a good plan of attack, unlike my previous one. I noticed that the rest of the team had arrived. We all slowly group together. Steve, Nat, Clint, Tony, Hulk, Thor, Vision, Wanda, Pietro, Rhodey, and I. I don't even get to attack again before we are all completely surrounded.

I make my way to Steve as we all look around us as we crowd in the circle.

This would be the moment the camera makes a circle around us.

"Hey," I say softly when I get to Steve.

"You didn't die," he says, out of breath.

"Did you really have so little faith in me?" I smirk.

"No, you just don't really have that much training."

"That's fair."

"Is that the best you can do?!" Thor shouts at Ultron.

"What can I say? You caught me at a bad time," Ultron shrugs.

I look around the robots and notice that there aren't that many left. Maybe 50, at most.

We can do this.

"Let's do this," Steve mumbles and the group charges at the robots around us.

I take out my gun and shoot one coming at me in the head. It took a couple of hits before it went down, but I managed. I'm not the best shot though, so I probably don't have any bullets left.

I take my knife and as one flies over my head, I grab its foot. I stab its truster and it falls to the ground. I pry its head off as I did for my first bot. This time, I wasn't in the air though.

I learned from my mistake. I'm wise like that.

I was about to charge at another one, but a red, white, and blue shield did the honors. I turned around to see Steve laughing at my angry face.

I was doing pretty good if I do say so myself.

As Hulk ripped apart the last one, we all just stood there.

"That's the last of 'em," Nat sighs joyfully.

I'm happy that we got them all, but on the inside I was a little sad that I only managed two of those nasties. I'm still proud of myself though. I got out of my comfort zone.

"Friday says there were no casualties," Tony says and I feel a rush of relief.

"Son of a bitch," Steve sighs.

"Oh my god! We did it!" I exclaim.

"No, Natalie. You did it," Steve says and pats me on the back.

"I just told you what to do. It takes a team to change the future," I smile at the team.

"Wait, what exactly did you change?" Clint asks.

I know he wants to know if I changed Nat's death, but I don't know if I can. Thanos is inevitable.

For now.

"I changed the fate of the Avengers. Not just individually, but as a team. I think that everything will be okay. For now," I say.

Zemo's revenge plot no longer exists, the city is destroyed, but everyone is safe meaning less guilt and hopefully no Accords. The Accords weren't the only cause of the civil war though.

I somehow have to tell Tony about Bucky without him freaking out.

I think I have a way of doing that.

"For now? Can we make that 'for now' last a little longer?" Rhodey asks.

"Yeah, but I'm going to need some help from some of you," I say and Steve gives me an odd look.

"Who do you need?"

"Sam, Nat, Tony, and you, Steve."

"Okay well, let's get back to the tower then," Steve says and we all start to exit the base.

"Oh, and Steve," I start and he looks back at me.

"Yes?"

"Watch your language."

"I hate you," he laughs.

"No, you don't."

~~~~~~

Back at the tower, I sit in a room with Sam Wilson, Natasha Romanoff, and Steve Rogers.

"Why do you need us?" Sam asks.

"It's about a particular person the three of you know. I just need you to answer questions honestly. Can you do that?"

"Natalie, who is this about?" Steve asks.

"Well, it's about Tony, but I'll be asking you questions about Bucky Barnes," I explain, nervously.

The three of them tense up. Steve the most, obviously.

"Why?" Nat asks.

"Well, Tony found out some information. Seve didn't really get a chance to explain or show his point of view, so Tony nearly killed Steve and Bucky. I'm hoping I convince Tony otherwise. I was trained for this. I'm a psychologist,"

Or at least I was studying psychology.

"He found out about his parents, didn't he?" Steve asks.

I nod my head.

"This man wanted to get revenge on the Avengers by breaking them up because he lost his wife and son in Sokovia. Now that that didn't happen, you can tell Tony the right way. It's better if it comes from you," I explain.

"Alright. Let's do this," Steve nods.

"Okay, so when I call Tony in hear, I will ask all of you individual questions about your experience about the Winter Soldier and Bucky Barnes. It's best if you show your emotions. It will show Tony how you felt and it will help him understand."

Time to save the Avengers.