Chapter 3

When the elevator doors opened, my mouth dropped. Chris Evans, I mean Steve Rogers, was just two feet away from me. I collected myself and exited the lift. Steve's face remained very serious and he just looked me up and down.

"You have a name?" he asked as he walked you to wherever he was taking you.

"Natalie Carter," I state and he stopped for a split second, but continued walking.

Ah, crap now he's gonna look at me weird because of my name.

"I'm not related to anyone, just so you know. It's just a name," I say trying to make things less awkward.

"What do you mean by that?" he asked, pretending to be confused.

"I'm not related to Peggy. I'm sorry for bringing it up, but I didn't want my first impression on you to be connected to her you know?"

"How do you know about Peggy?" he asked a little more sternly.

"Right, people don't know about that here," I shake my head as I try to come up with an excuse.

"What do you mean 'here'?"

Before I could answer his question, the voice of a billionaire rang through the hall.

"Natalie right? Come in here, please! I think you have some explaining to do! Like why you had to lie to Jarvis just to meet me."

Good grief. Tony and his ego.

"Anthony Edward Stark. I don't think it's possible for your ego to get any bigger," I smirk and everyone in the room lets out a soft laugh.

"I like her," Natasha smiles.

"I like you, too, Natasha," I smile back.

I notice Steve give Bruce a look of concern as he walked by and I already know there is about to be drama.

"So, Jarvis said you're from another earth. How do we know you aren't lying?" Bruce asked.

I think about what to say in order to prove it and then I thought of the perfect thing. I'll tell them how I knew. How I got my proof.

"I don't exist here. I bet Jarvis couldn't find a single thing about me. Not even my name," I state proudly.

"Jarvis run facial recognition," Steve commanded and Jarvis answered right away.

"I already did Captain. She's right. Natalie Lyn Carter doesn't exist. There is no trace of her or identity removal. She's telling the truth," Jarvis explained.

"Just because she doesn't have any record doesn't mean she's from another earth. What if she's just alien or under mind control," Clint argued.

Funny, that's what mom said.

"Look, the multiverse is real. Do a DNA test or something. I'm 100% human. Plus, I can guarantee that I'm vibrating at a different frequency than the rest of you," I say and Bruce approached me with a DNA kit and began taking samples.

"Jarvis?" Tony asks for confirmation.

"Frequency levels from you and Miss Carter are indeed unmatched."

I look over to see that Steve is looking at me strangely and I decide to ask about it. I have no idea how I have this much confidence while in a room with my actual heroes, but I do. Maybe I'm just nervous and I want to feel confident to hide that.

That's probably it. I'll go with that.

"What are you looking at, Capsicle?" I ask and Steve stands up a little straighter.