Chapter 1

"Harry, come on, we're going to be late!" Anne shouted, standing in the doorway with bag in her hands. "Maura and her family is nearly there already!" Harry cursed under his breath before he sighed and went downstairs. He really didn't want to go. What fun could he do, with a stranger his mum expected to be his new best friend and an old cabin? Even his own sister said that he was doomed. "I'm coming, mum, jeez!" Harry mumbled while he passed her. His curls was being reckless again, falling over and over again down in his green eyes. Anne stopped her son and pushed away the curls with a smile. "Oh Haz, don't hang with your head like that, you look like a sad sunflower. It's going to be fine. You know, there's a lot of books there. And the lake? Just don't take it for granted that it's going to be boring." Harry just nodded and went outside, towards their car. How could his mum be that positive? It was almost annoying.

Gemma, his older sister, was already seated in the passenger seat with her headphones on. Harry hated the backseat. It was always empty boxes of coke and papers stuck everywhere. He had to push everything away with force just to get enough space for his thin body. "Go holiday!" he mumbled sarcastic and crossed his arms. This was going to be SO not fun. Harry watched their mum locking the house and coming down to the car.

The trip was the most boring trip Harry had witnessed in a very long time. Anne and Gemma wasn't exactly in the talking mood, his sister totally into the music world and his mum focused on the road. That meant Harry was alone. His mum allowed him to bring only six books, because she meant they had a bunch at the cabin. Yeah right. Harry had his own favorites, and couldn't quite understand how they had books he liked there. It was an old cabin, and they didn't have books like Paper towns or The mortal instruments. Yeah, he liked girly books sometimes, books that weren't a hundred years old. God. And all of his books was in his bag, which his mum had placed in the baggage room. He didn't have anything to do, except staring out of the window. "Harry, look, we're almost there!" Anne squealed, pointing forward. Harry moved his gaze and sighed. It was cows everywhere! Black ones, brown ones, golden ones, white ones... Farms, green fields where someone grew vegetables of all kinds... The countryside. Yee haa. "Oh, look, horses!" Gemma pointed, smiling wide. She loved ringing and was quite good at it, too. "How lovely! Maybe you could pay a visit in there, ask about a ride?" Anne suggested. "Yeah, it can't hurt anyone!" Gemma and Anne started to talk again, and Harry was left alone. Again.

When they finally reached the house, Harry got out of the car before Anne had turned the engine off. His lungs sucked the fresh air thankfully in. It was torture being in that car, where the air felt so unbelievably thick. It was rare that Harry got sick when being in a car, but this time he felt like he could throw up any minute. "Harry, come over here, you have to carry your bag inside!" Anne shouted from the car. She had opened the back and lifted their bags out. Gemma was already gone. Harry sighed and raked a hand through his curls. He didn't want to work now. All he wanted to do was to take a swim at the lake. His body was boiling. "Coming, mum", he answered and walked unwillingly to the car, grabbing his heavy bag. "Where is my room?" Anne waved with her hand. "You and Maura's youngest son is sharing a room. Find him, find your room." Great. Now Harry, who didn't like people at all, was going to share a bedroom with a stranger? This holiday only got better and better. "But mum, I", Harry begun, but Anne didn't listen to him. Sighing, Harry turned to the large house that ruled in front of him. "Better find the goblin, then".

It wasn't that hard finding him. Harry only had to pop his head into the kitchen, and there he was. He spotted the blonde Irish guy right in front of the fridge, half of his body inside it. He seemed pretty into whatever he was doing in there. Harry cleared his throat and stepped inside. "Excuse me, but you're Niall, right?" The boy jumped and turned around, staring at Harry a few seconds before he swallowed. "Y-yeah, that's me... You're Harry? Anne's son?" Harry nodded. He then blushed and scratched his neck. "Niall... I'm don't mean sounding rude, but you have dressing around your mouth." Niall froze and quickly cleaned his mouth with his sleeve. "Oh, god, I'm sorry you saw that... How foolish of me, I'm..." Harry held up a hand to stop the Irish babbling. "I don't care, okay, I only need you to show me my... Our room, okay?" Niall nodded and closed the fridge behind him. He then walked past Harry and out in the hallway. "Of course, follow me, then." Finally. Harry could finally relax and unpack his stuff. His body longed after an afternoon bath. Alone. Just him and the water.

Harry and Niall's room was quite nice, actually. The walls were painted in a light baby blue color, which matched quite well with the beige carpet floor. Two beds were lined at two corners of the room, a window and a nightstand between them. There was one dresser, which Harry guessed they had to share. To his surprise, there was two bookshelves standing in the two other corners, filled up with a huge collection of books. Harry smiled and dumped his bag on the bed he assumed was his, since the other one was covered with bunch of clothes and a guitar. "Do you play?" He asked Niall, who stood awkwardly at the door with his hands in his pockets. Niall nodded. His cheeks had turned into a nice cherry color. He seemed embarrassed. "Yeah, I do." Harry nodded and swallowed. Was this the boy he was going to be 'BFF' with? They had a long way to go.