The Roommate

Mayleen's POV:

"Hi"

I opened the door and this guy was standing there.

"Hi? Can I help you?"

"Yeah, I hear you're looking for a new roommate..."

He paused. He looked at me as if to see my expression.

"Well.. Hi roomy." He said widening the grin on his face.

"No." I slammed the door in his face. I didn't think he got the memo about me wanting a girl roommate and not a guy. There's a big difference you know.

Charlie's POV:

"Ow come on you haven't even hear me out." I yelled through the door, hoping she didn't leave me out here to yell through the door the whole day. I need this apartment. It's the only way I can get close to Brittany, and make her give me a second chance, not that I needed it anyway, I did nothing wrong. She "caught" me cheating on her a month ago, but I swear it wasn't my fault. The only way to get her back is to get close to her enough to let me explain myself.

*****

"No." I was relieved when she answered me. That means she didn't go wait out in her room until I'm gone.

"Please, just hear me out. I- we can make a- a deal? An arragement?"

Silence.

Come on Charlie think fast. If someone needs a roommate its usually because... Because they need someone to help pay the rent!

"How about I pay two-third of the rent?" I waited for a moment. I could hear someone getting up, and walking towards the door.

"I'm listening." Good Charlie you got her attention.

"If you let me in, we can talk about it. My feet is killing me, I need to sit."

She moved away from the door to let me in. I walked in and close the door behind me.

"Drink?" She said offering me a bottle of soda.

"Just water please." She shrugged and got me a water bottle.

"Ok, so let's talk" I said when she sat down. We were sitting in her dining table, which was very small barely space for two people to eat, but I didn't comment. I need to get on her good side if I was to be let to rent here.

"Ok."

"So if you let me rent here with you I'll pay two-third of the rent. This includes two-third of all the bills, and I'll even clean and cook for you if you want?"

She was so quiet the whole time just nodding from time to time. She even avoided eye contact. She always found something to look at instead of me.I found that a little rude, because my family always taught me to look at people while having a conversation because it shows you are paying attention. By the the looks of it, she doesn't look like she's paying any attention.

"Well? You agree?" I asked after awhile.

"Well.. Ok you look like you really need a place to stay so I'll let you stay and we'll see. If something goes wrong you have to leave, understand?"

"Yes ma'am, I'll go and get my things."

"Wait, you already have your stuff with you?"

"Yeah, the moving truck is right outside."