Chapter 7

Mayleen's POV:

It has been one full month since Charlie had became my roommate. We are getting along, but I still keep my distance. We talk to each other everyday, but not that much. I was always busy with work, and he was busy with school, so we rarely meet at home. Except Saturday and Sunday, but even then he likes to go out with his friend.. Dave... Which I didn't mind because then I would have the whole place to myself, and I wouldn't have to talk to anyone.

The only thing that is bothering me is everytime Charlie mentioned Dave, my heart skipped a beat, and I had this funny smile on my face for no reason. I tried to act fine but it didn't work. Sometimes Charlie would catch it and ask me why I was smiling. Everytime, I told him I just remembered something very funny. Which usually got me off the hook, so that's good.

What really bothers me is why do I keep thinking about Dave? I only met him once for god sake, and I barely know him! The only guy I had feelings like this for is when I was in high school, there's this guy Matt.

Yup, you guessed it, popular, the quarterback, good looking. I never really talked to him. The only time I ever talked to him was when I was blocking the door to the classroom, and he told me excuse me, because he wanted to get in. I like to glance at him once in a while in class or in the hallway. I keep having butterflies when he walked by. But that all change when I found out he was a player, and a full on douche. I found him making out with a cheerleader in the janitors room when I was passing by. The door has a glass that if you see from a short distance you can see what's inside . I shook that one off, but then I saw him making out with another girl on the bleachers of the school stadium, and finally when I was at my locker getting my books, I saw a girl coming out of the school closet four lockers from me, then five minutes later Matt got out of the same closet with a smirk on his face . At that moment I forced myself to move on and it worked. Now if I think about him, all I thought about was why did I ever liked him?

"Hey you ok? I knocked but you didn't reply, so I opened the door." Charlie said standing by the door.

"Yeah I'm fine lost in thoughts I guess." I replied. He just nodded.

"Oh, well me and Dave were planning to hang out today-" There's that name again that gave me butterflies. "-but the weather is not pretty. If you see outside, you can see that there seems to be a blizzard coming." He said pointing at the window. Wow I really haven't notice it until now when he mentioned it.

"So I was thinking to hang out with you." He continued. "Since the only other thing I could hang out with is Sophie over there." He said teasingly, looking at Sophie, who is licking her paws.

"Sure." I shrugged. I wasn't planning on doing anything today anyway. "So what do you feel like doing?" I asked.

"Hmm." He thought for a while, while looking around the room. "How about we have a movie marathon? We put names of movies we want to watch in a jar, and we have to watch the movie that is picked out?" He offered.

"Sounds fun." I replied. "You go get the sticky notes and get the jar, while I make hot cocoa for us since its freezing." I said getting out of bed. He was about to say something, but I stopped him. I knew he would want to be the one making the hot chocolates. But for once I want to make something in return. He has been making us food for the entire month. Besides I have my own secret hot cocoa recipe.

He was sitting on the couch when I came bringing the hot cocoa.

"Ok let's start putting down movies." He said as I put down the hot cocoas. I sat down and grabbed a sticky pad and a pen.

"Ok rule is we have 1 minutes to write down as many movies as we can, fold it, and put it in the jar. AND we have to watch them all. Up for the challange?" He said giving me a smirk.