Chapter 22

Mayleen's POV:

"Hi mom! What a lovely surprise." I said giving her a hug.

"Oh I miss you darling." She said hugging me back. She lets go, and entered the apartment. She looked around.

"Wow nothing had changed, except its much cleaner, and wow it smells like roses in here." She said taking a deep breath.

"Yeah Cha- I mean I installed a few air fresheners here and there." I said. She nodded. I can see she was pleased. She walked to Charlie's room. Before Charlie, everytime she visits, she would sleep there.

Before she can open the door I stopped her.

"Mom wait!" She turn to look at me. "Uh... The room hasn't been cleaned in years. You should go take a nice hot bath, while I clean it for you."

"No nonsense, I can clean it myself." She was about to open the door, but I stopped her the second time.

"No mom you must be tired. Please let me be a good daughter and make you feel welcomed." She smiled, and went over to me. I exhaled, in relief.

"Oh honey you are a great daughter." She looked at me with adoring eyes. I smiled back at her.

"Why don't you go and get some nice clothes and I will go get the bath ready." I said.

"But shouldn't I unpack?"

"You can do that later." I said bringing her, her suitcases.

"Oh ok if you say so."

When she finally went in the bathroom. I sigh a sigh of relief. I ran to my room and quietly close the door behind me.

"Ok she will be in the bath for about 10 minutes. By then all your stuff should be in here. And tonight I will take her out to dinner. You can use the time to go to someone's place to crash for the night." He just nodded as I talked. I stopped and looked at him. Then I sighed again. "I'm sorry I know this is your place too and all.."

"No its ok I get it." He cut me off. "I'll go move the last of my stuff here." He said walking out the door.

Just as Charlie finished putting the last of his stuff in my room, the closet got full, and my mom came out of the bathroom. I told Charlie to stay put until we were gone.

"See now you're all fresh. Wait ok I need to change the bedsheet for you." I said going to Charlie's room. After I was done I went out and found her watching TV, with Sophie by her side. Sophie only like 3 people. Me, my mom, and apparantly Charlie. She despises everyone else.

"Ok your room is set up now. You are now able to enter your room my queen." I said jokingly, taking a bow. She laughed and clapped her hands. I love making her laugh. It makes me smile.

"You have gotten better with the accent." She complemented me. While she was unpacking, I leaned against the door.

"Hey mom let's go eat out tonight. To celebrate your arrival." I said.

"Nonsense I will cook for us."

"But-"

"No buts I am cooking. You haven't had homecooked meal in a while. Knowing you can't cook, you probably have been eating fast foods or fried food, or worst microwaved food. That is not healthy." She said walking out the door and into the kitchen.

"Now you probably don't have any-" She said as she opened the kitchen cabinets. "Wow nevermind. Look at all this, I can make you anything with these ingredients." She said all glowing.

"Give me 10 minutes and I will be done making your favorite.. My famous pasta dish!" My stomach grumbled when she said that. I hadn't had that in a long time.