Chapter 10

Charlie's POV:

I must've fallen asleep, because the room was bright. When I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was Mayleen sleeping peacefully. She looked so.. Relaxed. I checked her temperature, it was almost back to normal. I got out before she knew I was there. Because I think she would be pissed to find me here. I went to hit the showers, then make breakfast.

*****************************

Mayleen POV:

When I woke up, I felt much better. See I just needed a good sleep. I guess my headache hasn't disappear yet. When I got out of bed, my head was still pounding. But not as bad as yesterday.

"Hey." I greeted Charlie, as I got out of the room.

"Hey, how do you feel?" He asked.

"Wow you could tell I'm sick huh? Well I'm feeling much better."

"That's good. Hey I made some omelette, so wash up and eat. Oh and before I forget, you're not working today." I stopped in my tracks and stared at him wide eyed. This is what I was avoiding! That's why I still went to work yesterday! How am I supposed to earn full salary this month! Out of all the words that I wanted to say, I said,

"What?"

"Relax, I'm friends with the owner. Me and his nephew are childhood friends."

"So?!" I was still in shock.

"So he said its fine, and he get it. Don't worry he won't cut your salary."

I just stood there. I didn't know if I should punch him, or hug him for this. I wanted to say something. I opened my mouth, but closed it before the words could come out. I went to the bathroom, and shut the door.

He's friends with the owner? How? I cleared the thought out of my head.. For now. When I got out, the omelette was waiting for me on the table.

"Ok then eat up and rest, anything happen you have to call me. Here give me your phone."

I shook my head.

"May, your phone." He said putting his hand out. I reluctantly gave it to him. After a few seconds later, he gave me my phone back.

"My phone number is there, its also the first on speed dial. Anything happen you call me got it." I shook my head and rolled my eyes. "I'll be fine." I said walking him to the door.

"You better kid, now I got to go, see you later." He said walking out the door.

"Hey first of all since when do you call me a kid, and second our age is not that far off!" I yelled after him. His laugh echoed the hall.

"Jerk." I said under my breath as I closed the door.

What am I suppose to do at home?

Hachoo!

Oh yeah better get rid of my cold.

********************************************

Charlie's POV:

Where is Dave? Usually he shows up at school earlier then me. I waited a couple of minutes in the parking lot and he still didn't show up, so I went to my locker. I took the books I needed out. Then in the back of the locker I spotted a little book. It was my small scrapbook, me and Brittany made it, to keep the memories. Well I made it, but she helped. I looked at it. I still can remember when all those photos were taken, good times, good times. I swear Brittany I will get you back, I will fight for us. After a couple of minutes staring at it, I put it back where I found it. Just as I close my locker, Dave came out of nowhere, and gave me a hard pat on the back.

"Dave! You scared the hell out of me man." I said shocked.

"Chill its just me bro. Hey, hey, you've heard?"

"Heard what?" I asked confused.

"New rich kid, powerful parents, and famous." He replied.

"Really? Wait, wait, I've been here longer then you, you just arrived, how do you know all this?" I asked again.

"I've got my sources. No kidding, I saw him get out of the headmaster's office."

"How do you know he's rich?"

"Well he has that rich kid smell, plus everything about him is expensive."

"Rich guy smell?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Whatever. Have you seen how he dresses? Expensive I tell you. But what really gave it away, is when I saw him get out of his one of a kind Lamborghini. Yeah you heard me right" he said nodding his head.

I raised my eyebrowed. Ok then the guy's rich.

"Its like a mixbreed of Veneno and Reventon Roadster. I've never seen that type before. Must be one of a kind."

Who could this guy be. Just then the new guy passed by.

He didn't see me, but I saw him.

I can't believe it.

It's him.