Chapter 13

Mayleen's POV:

"Hey did Brandon leave already?" I asked as I got out of my room.

"Yeah, you missed him like 2 hours ago." He was sitting on the couch watching some TV while eating popcorn.

"Bummer, I wanted to say goodbye before he left. But I fell asleep so I didn't hear him leave." I threw away the pizza bag, and washed the dirty plate, before I went to join Charlie with whatever he was watching.

I took a sit next to him and stole some of his popcorn. "So watcha watchin'?" I asked.

"Transformer. Never watched it, but my friends said its good, and since its on TV right now why not give it a chance."

"How is it so far?" I asked taking more popcorn.

"It's not as good as I thought. I would've fallen asleep if you hadn't come out."

"I know right. I mean its not that bad, but after watching the first one, I didn't feel like watching the second one." I shrugged, taking more popcorn.

"Hey, stop finishing my popcorn, see its almost finished." He complained, showing me the bag. I stared at him with a grin on my face. Before he knew what was happening, I snatched the last of the popcorn and ran to my room, leaving him with an empty popcorn bag.

"Night Charlie." I said, grinning at him, before closing the door.

"Seriously May, arghh unbelievable." I heard him say. I couldn't help but to giggle.

I went to bed a couple minutes later. I was already comfortable in my bed, when I remember I haven't brushed my teeth. Damn it. You know that annoying moment when you're already too comfortable in bed but then you remember that you forgot to do something? Yeah, that's what I'm feeling right now.

I got out of bed, and opened the door. Woah, is it just me, or is it really dark out here. Charlie must've turned off all the lights. Curse him. I tried to walk carefully, not wanting to bump or step on anything.

I was almost to the bathroom, when something grabbed me from behind.

"Boo!"

I screamed. "Let go of me or I'm calling the police!" I yelled, struggling to get out of the burgular's arms. He's too strong, I can't fight him off. How the hell did a burgular come in here. I locked all the doors and windows. Oh man I'm so going to die, I will never see my mom again. My whole future is gone. Wait, I don't have a bright future anyway. Oh, that's not the point. I was about to give up, when the burgular laughed.

"What are you laughing at!" I yelled.

"You should've seen your reaction." The burgular laughed.

"Wait, Charlie?!"

He took of the mask and laughed.

"YOU-" I couldn't continue my sentence. I was too shocked, confused, and angry. All these mix emotions.

"Never do that again!" I said hitting him, and pushing him away with both my hands. "Jerk!"

"Calm down, that's what you get for finishing my popcorn." I joked.

"Its not funny!" I yelled, clearly still angry with him.

After a while he toned down his laugh. He could see that I was still mad at him.

"Ok, ok I'm sorry May." He said putting his hands on my shoulders, and looking into my eyes. "I won't do it again. It was just a fun prank I feel like doing."

When I didn't reply, he didn't move. He just kept looking at me. Finally I realized that I couldn't be mad at him. I just can't. I tried. But failed. Plus the prank was pretty funny, thinking about it made me want to laugh.