Chapter 28

Charlie's POV:

"Dave who?" I said, really hard to keep my cool.

"Da- Dave Bishep." She said stuttering.

"Dave?! Dave?!" I raised my voice. People were really starting to stare but I still didn't care. But then being me, I also don't want to make a scene.

"I can't believe this. What kind of person in their right mind, make some innocent girl go after their boyfriend, just to break things off, because they wanted to be with the boyfriend's bestfriend. Crazy? I know." I said before leaving.

I know it was a harsh thing to say, but I just can't help it anymore. I was furious with her.

I left the cafe as fast as I could. Everything was spinning. Nothing can get through my head. I kept on staggering with nowhere to go.

I saw a bar, and went in.
**********************************************
Mayleen's POV:

"Em sir? Can-"

"Then after that do this, if you're done try to finish this. I will need that one for presentation tomorrow for the new product." My boss said handing me papers and folders.

"Oh ok. But sir.."

"For these, the deadline is by next week Thursday. Got it?" He said handing me more papers.

"Got it. But emm sir?"

"Yes what?" He said, finally listening, but there was a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Since work finished like 30 minutes ago, can I go now? I made plans with my friend." What? I tried to say it as politely as I can ok.

He looked at me and frowned. I swear, I thought at that moment I would get fired. But then he just nodded his head, and shooed me away.

"Thank you, thank you!" I said excitedly. "I promise I'll finish this before the deadline." I said going out the door. I think he looked at me, like I'm a weird person, just then.

"Elizabeth I'm ready!" I said throuh the phone. She screamed, making me distance the phone from my ear.

"I'll pick you up with Jack's car. I'll be there in 15 min." She said before hanging up.
______________________________
"Ok how do I look?" Elizabeth said getting out of the changing room. She did a little spin.

"You look gorgeous. You should buy it." I said.

"Really? Yeah maybe I should buy it. Ok your turn!" She said pulling me up from the chair.

"Ooh this looks nice." She said shoving me and the clothes into the changing room.

"I'm going, I'm going." I said. A moment later I got out. When she saw me, she gasped.

"You look beautiful!" She said getting up. "I bet it'll get that boss' attention.." She smirked.

"Lizzie. No, he's my boss. That is so unprofessional of me." I said, putting my hands on my hips.

"Oh come on, have you seen the guy? Wait, you work for him. Anyway.. HE'S HOT"

"Whatever." I turned around to look at myself in the mirror.

"See you agree!"

"Yeah well his personality isn't that "hot". He's always too serious and all."

"Oh your just saying that. Why do you keep denying it. Unless.." She opened her mouth so it made an O shape, and widen her eyes. We looked at each other at the same time. We were both thinking the same thing. Well, not exactly.