Chapter 25

Mayleen's POV:

"Oh my sweater! Where is that sweater!" Mom said hysterically looking around the room.

"You already put it in your luggage mom, last night, after you cried out toothbrush! Where is my toothbrush!" I mimicked her.

"Oh. Silly me, I'm getting older."

"And more beautiful." My mom is only 45, she's not that old, but she thinks she is. "You're just forgetting things because you don't want to leave mom." I said folding my arms.

"Nonsense I really am forgetting things." She said raising her head high.

"Uh-huh. Right." I said sarcastically.

"Oh alright, you got me. I can't leave just yet." She said getting all worried.

"Mom I'll be fine promise. I'll call you if I get into trouble. WHICH I'm not going to." I said.

"Fine, fine." She said reluctantly.

"Ok all set?" I said looking around, making sure all her things are there.

"Yes." She said disappointed.

"Well I'll miss you mom." I said giving her a hug. She hugged me back. "I'll miss you too my little May."

I followed her out the door. "Oh, oh yes! Before I forget. I have an early birthday present for you." She said, stopping on her tracks.

"Here." She said taking a little jewelry box from her purse. When I opened it, it played me a tune.

"Its the song you hummed for me when I was little." I said smiling.

"Everytime you go to bed." She finished. "It's a jewelry/music box. Neat huh?"

"But how? This tune is an original. You made it yourself."

"I know but I had this friend of mine play it on a piano for me and record it. Then I have this other friend who made the box. Then I have this other friend who made it into a music box."

"Wow mom that's a lot of friends there."

"Oh. I have my connections." She smirked. "But that's not all. Look inside."

"It's a necklace. Wow its beautiful." I said taking the necklace with the Dove symbol attached to it.

"Its a symbol of hope, light, and purity. You just remind me of a little white dove. Just remember whenever you get scared, hold on to that necklace. I'll always be with you."

"Thanks mom. I really love all this. Its amazing." I said still surprised about the gift.

"Your welcome. Well I've got to catch my ride. Goodbye honey." She said hugging me one more time.

"Bye mom. Becareful." I said. I waved, and she waved back. Wow I can't believe she got me all these. I love them.

After I saw her getting on a taxi, and left, I texted Charlie.

To: Charlie
Ok its safe you can come home now.
**************************************
Charlie's POV:

"Welcome back home!" Mayleen greeted me by the door.

"Meow!" Sophie purred, rubbing herself around my feet.

"Oh look even Sophie misses you." Mayleen commented.

"Wait even? See I knew you missed me." I joked. "Shut up." She replied, punching my shoulder.

"Come here." I said, giving her a side hug. When I got in I told her about Britt.