Chapter 20

Charlie's Pov:

Flashback

"Charlie I told you I can't- aaaahhh." Brittany screamed as I pushed her gently off the chair of the lift sky ride and into the snow below.

"Charlie I can't skiii." She whined.

"Come on I'll teach you." I said laughing. She kept on falling and stumbling.

"There's a teacher for teaching this, why can't we just go to them." She complained.

"Well isn't it more fun if your boyfriend teaches you?" I asked smirking.

"Well.. Yeah but.. Whoa." She lost her balance and fell on her butt. "But then I can't be serious." She said throwing snow at me.

I went to sit next to her, and we both laughed. "Come on, I'll be the best ski teacher you'd ever had, promise." I said trying to convince her one last time.

She looked at me, and finally gave in. "Fine I'll give you one more chance."

She was horribly terrible the first couple of tries, which I try not to laugh but failed. She would throw me more snow if she found me laughing at her. Then she tried again. Finally after many failed attempts, she finally got the hang of it.

"Charlie look! I can ski!" She said excitedly. She still fell sometimes, but she was getting good at it.

"See I told you boyfriends are better teachers than the actual teachers." I said. That made her laugh. She nod in agreement.

"So how bout' after this we go get hot chocolate? Sounds good?" I offered.

"Absolutely, I'm freezing." She replied.

Present

"Brittany." I said a second time. Just because I still can't believe its her.

"Charlie I can't believe its you!" She said her eyes and smile widen. "Its been so long. Look at you."

"Brittany, still beautiful as always." I complemented her. Her smile got wider.

"Thanks." She said. "Hey you know what, let's grab a sit, and catch up."

"But shouldn't you go back to your friends?"

"Nah, they can wait." She said, waving her hands back and forth. I nodded and followed her.

"So how are you?" She asked.

"Good. You?" I asked back.

"Good." Then we both went silent.

"So.. I heard you moved?" She said breaking the tension.

"Yeah how did you know?" I asked. I was curious, who told her.

"Um.. Some friend."

"Oh." Another silence. I wanted to tell her about the night that it happened. The night she decided to end our relationship. The night she caught me and Amanda. But it doesn't seem like the right time to talk about that.

"Oh remember that one time when we went camping with some of our friends" she started.

"And we got lost." I finished her sentence. "You freaked out, and said we were going to die." I laughed. She joined in. That's one of the things I love about her. She can't stand the silence. She would bring up memories for us to laugh about. I miss that.

"I thought we were. We've been walking around the woods for how long with no luck."

"How did we get lost again?"

"We wanted to take a walk, just the both of us. Because we didn't have time to ourselves for the whole day."

"Oh yeah." I said. The memory was getting clearer. She was staring at her cup, lost in thoughts, smiling. But then it turned into a sad frown.

"Those were good times." I said. She looked up and smiled. "It was." She said sighing.

I can't take it anymore I need to tell her. "Brit?" I asked.

"Yeah Charlie?"

"I-"

"Hey Brit come on we're all going home. Remember we need to stop by-" One of the three girls stopped talking when they saw me.

"Hi Charlie." I waved my hand and said hi back.

"Oh right that thing. I almost forgot. I'm such a-"

"Klutz sometimes." I finished with a smile on my face. She looked at me and smiled. "Charlie Randall." We looked at each other for a moment and smiled. I miss the way she looked at me like that.

"We should get together sometimes. You have my number right? It's still the same one" She said.

"Memorized it by heart." I said. She looked down at her shoes and looked back at me smiling.

"I got to go." She said as she was being pulled away by her friends.

When she was out of sight, I stayed there smiling. Then I remembered Mayleen.

"Crap."
**************************************
Mayleen's POV:

"Ok, ok two guys were out walking their dogs on a hot day, when they pass by a pub. The first guy says "Let's go in there for a pint." Second guy, says, "They won't let us in with our dogs." Then the first guy says "Sure they will, just follow my lead."
He goes up to the pub, and sure enough the doorman says, "I can't let you in here with that dog." He replies, "Oh, I'm blind and this is my seeing-eye dog." The doorman says, "Ok then, come on in."
The second guy sees this and does the same thing. He goes up to the pub, and the doorman says, "You can't come in here with a dog." He replies, "I'm blind and this is my seeing-eye dog." The doorman responds, "You have a chihuahua for a seeing-eye dog?" The second guy stops for a second, and exclaims, "They gave me a chihuahua?""

I laughed. "Ok that was really funny Dave. Another one, another one." I said clapping my hands. We were laughing as he told more jokes, when Charlie came and took a sit.

"Hey Charlie, Dave was just telling me funny jokes. He is so funny." I said still laughing.

"Wow you two seemed like you're getting along well." Charlie said looking at me, raising an eyebrow. I returned the look by pretending I didn't know what he was talking about.

"Yeah she's awesome Charlie. I should've known. You always have cool friends." Dave said hinting himself. Suddenly his phone rang. He looked at it and smirked.

"Oh, I'm sorry guys, I would like to stay but I've got to go. Nice meeting you Mayleen." He said before leaving. Does he have a girlfriend or something? Wait why should I care? Nah maybe its just his mom or something.

"So you ready to go home?" Charlie asked. I nodded my head. We went to wish Rodrick a happy birthday before leaving. On the way home Charlie apologized for the sixth time about ditching me. I told him it was fine. I didn't get bored. In fact I was able to talk to Dave. Thinking about that gave me the butterflies. He is so charming.