CHAPTER 32: OFFER

[MEANWHILE AT JUNGKOOK]

"So, Lisa's dead huh?" Taehyung warped the eerie silence between them.

"They will have to pay, whoever's behind all of this," said he, while looking at the view that was displayed on his windows.

Jungkook paced back and forth on that same spot while shaking his head in disbelief. There has got to be someone who was behind all of these.

"I'm pretty sure we'll find the person behind this, Jungkook," Taehyung claimed to calm him down.

"But how?!" Exclaimed he. His pacing got faster and faster——he couldn't stay put.

He widened his eyes and remembered Jimin. 'Oh shit, Jimin.'

He knew that he had a liking for Lisa, and to him, Jimin didn't do a good job at hiding his feelings. He wasn't oblivious enough yet he wondered why Yoongi and Namjoon never noticed.

Jungkook was a keen observer, he sees it the way it is, and he could feel Jimin's grievance from his place.

He looked at Taehyung and he felt a rush of relief and peace. He didn't know why but just one look and his mind was at ease. Not that he forgot about Lisa's death but he loosened up a little by showing his hardened facial features to a much relaxed one. The creases in between his eyebrows disappeared, showing a softened expression, but it only happened with Taehyung.

He saw Taehyung's eyebrows furrow in confusion, resulting to receiving a question, "what? Why are you staring at me?"

Jungkook suddenly thought of an idea, and his once tight lips loosened into a small smile, he suggested, "what if I invite you to work with us permanently? You make a really good member in the group."

Taehyung pursed his lips, not looking at Jungkook but instead at the ground. He swung his feet back and forth gently.

"Is there a problem with it, Taehyung?" Jungkook asked, hoping that his reaction wasn't his subtle way of declining his offer.

Taehyung looked back at him and he muttered, "no, Jungkook."

He straightened his back and continued, "I actually want to work with you."

Jungkook's lips tugged upwards into a smile—a smile that reached his eyes. Ecstatic was an understatement for what he felt because their mafia clan would rise to an uproar, making them more feared by those who were to mess.

Boy he couldn't imagine on how fearful they will have been felt by the time Taehyung does this often.

"Glad to know you're working with us," delivered he.

"But I have to warn you," he started once more.

"You might lose your sleep," added to his statement.

"Why so?"

"Because we work nearly 24/7 hours, we track down the rival gangs and the like. We'd always want to know where they are, for they might be planning to crash in at any moment," ever so sternly he explained. He pushed back his dark hair and crossed his arms, hence leaning on the nearby leather chair.