CHAPTER 49: HANG ON

[MEANWHILE AT JUNGKOOK]

"M-Must take care," Taehyung mumbled incoherently and his eyes closed due to weakness weighing in.

Jungkook felt his hand drop his cheek and his eyes widened when he set his eyes down the unconscious man.

"T-Taehyung?" He shook him gently.

"What's wrong, Jungkook?" Min Seok's heart was beating hard, his eyes shifted between Jungkook and his son.

"H-He's unconscious," he answered then went back to Taehyung, "baby, wake up! Please!"

His pleas weren't heard, he still remained dead like on his arms. He held his face with his right hand, "please be okay, I need you, baby."

He shut his eyes and cried, excessively distraught," he'll be awake again later, right? Tell me he'll still be okay." Min Seok shrugged, "probably, I don't know. We'll just hope for the best. He's been taking high dosages so of course his body would collapse anytime, I guess death can be possible too at this point."

He looked at Taehyung and kissed his forehead, "stay with me, baby boy. Just hang on, we'll find our way out."

Two hours passed and they found food to eat, also wood for fire to be lit with a brilliant hue of orange and red.

"You really love my son don't you?" Min Seok rested both of his elbows on his lap.

"I actually liked him way before all this. If only you knew how much of a lovely person he is, you'd love to spend every waking moment with him," he put his hand of his chest and meltingly smiled.

Min Seok chuckled at his statement, Jungkook tilted his head to the side, "what? It's undeniably true."

"No, it's just that, the way you talked about my son, it's like you were melting," he put his hand on the younger's shoulder, "if all what you said is true, take care of him. Don't leave him. I can see the love in you, young man but if you make him cry, I don't think I'll be able to view you the same way."

He nodded in agreement, "I'll take care of him, don't worry. Besides, how can I leave him? I need him."

Jungkook sighed, "asides from that, to tell you this, he's quite sassy at times."

"Tell me about it," Min Seok rested his chin on his palm, invested on what he had to say.

"Sometimes I'd joke around with him and—-" he covered his mouth as he laughed.

"I swear, that smart mouth of his, it gets to me every time. Like I'll say that he needn't to deny that he likes me but he'd shoot me back with smart comments."

Min Seok threw into a fit of laughter, "that's my son alright! He got that from his mother, Joo Hyun. She was like that too, denying that she likes me when I already know."

"I bet your love story with her must be exquisite," he saw his eyes lower down into an array of sadness. He realised that he may have triggered him so he apologised, "my bad, I won't mention it any further."  "No, it's fine. I just remembered her," he hung his head low,

He didn't press down on the issue so he changed the subject to the man laying on his lap," Taehyung hasn't woken up yet. It's been two hours." He checked for his heart by putting his ear on the unconscious man's chest. He was glad to feel it beating, an indication that he's still alive, he let out a sigh of relief.