[AustinCarlile] Live Forever [ChapterTwentyThree]

Author's Note:
Yeah, that just happened. I told you that they would be cute. Ugh, sigh.

Raising my eyebrows, I lift my head up, looking up at the person talking to me, blinking as he continues to talk, but I can’t hear him, not over the yelling of the crowd and the vibrations of the music. Tilting my head to the side, I attempt to read his lips, wanting to know what he has to say, but I can’t understand him, I don’t even know why he’s here, in the tent, he’s not doing anything, and I didn’t realize that people were allowed in here, I had no idea that they could buy tickets or pull strings to get them into the sound tent; I don’t know why anyone would want to be here instead of side stage.

He continues to talk to me, seemingly without taking a breath, there’s no point in there for me to stop him and tell him that I have no idea what he’s saying, until he points at the stage, his arm moving across it the same way Austin does. The guy isn’t telling me something, he’s asking me a question, a question with a long explanation, about Austin, but I have no idea what the question would be, I don’t even know the kid. His black hair isn’t his natural hair color, it’s too perfect, it’s obviously dyed, I’ve seen it before, TJ used to do that, I'm not shocked that this kid does it, the color suits him with his ocean blue eyes.

Shoving my hands into the back pockets of my jeans, I bite down on my lower lip, sighing softly, and waiting for him to finish his longwinded inquiry. Before this, we never came to Arizona, I wasn’t into the whole immigration laws and the scene was never big enough here to want to come in the first place.

It’s only been nine days, nine days, since Austin and I have gotten together, and it’s been nine days of constant questions about the two of us, constant comments about the two of us, but neither of us have said anything, there’s nothing to say, it’s none of their business. His father is touring with them for a little over a month, I think it’s cool, he’s really nice, I think it makes Austin happier to know that he’s doing all of this with him. Having him here, his dad here that is, makes it easier for the two of us to do things together, his dad is constantly trying to make sure that the two of us have time, and it’s really sweet, helpful.

Furrowing his eyebrows together, he looks at me, waiting for me to respond to whatever he said, and I run a hand through my hair, sliding it back into my pocket, pulling the sunglasses off of my nose and placing them atop my head. “Um, I have no idea what you just said. I couldn’t hear you.” My cheeks burn with a blush, I'm embarrassed, but I don’t know why, it’s not my fault that I couldn’t hear him, I can barely hear myself think, it’s so loud, it’s so beautiful, I love it when they’re playing, it’s like home.

“I was asking if he was going to crowd surf all the way here. People were talking about how he did it at their shows. I was wondering if he was going to do it here.” He’s yelling, shouting, and people around us don’t hear him, and I'm glad that they didn’t, that they couldn’t hear him, I think that Austin still thinks that most people don’t know about it, that it’s this grand surprise, which it is.

Shrugging my shoulders, I smile, laughing softly as he groans, turning to his friends to tell him what I said, he’s with three guys and two girls. His friends looked like him, only they didn’t dye their hair, they had plugs, and one of them had taken them out of his ear, his earlobe simply hanging in an oval that makes me want to puke. It’s going to be crazy when he gets here, when he all of a sudden has six kids in his face, I'm not interested in what could happen, and I don’t think that he should do it to begin with, between his heart condition and the stress.