10.) And its Dark Again

A/N:

OH! You thought it was over?

Since the next part will probably take me a few days to place together. (Busy weekend ahead) Here's a taste of where we're headed. Keeping it short but sweet.

One week later

Freddie:

Despite Cherie's words playing back in my head, I can't seem to stop slipping into this funk every time the sun goes down. The liquor swirling in my bloodstream doesn't help much either. I've tried for the last week to stop my heavy drinking. I know Cherie has to be able to smell it on me every morning, but she has yet to bring it up. Maybe she thinks this is my way of coping.

Cherie has gone back to work part time to over see her beauty salon and to spare Rose the long hours she has put in since my accident. Yet another person who has been affected by my unfortunate mishap. We've hired a new nanny for the twins, seeing as our old one was let go when Cherie stood home with us. She is a trusted friend of Veronica's, called Ceci. Quite a young girl to be a nanny to twins, but her resume listed her child care licensing along with her studies in child development. Everything seems to have checked out thus far.

Right now the twins are out for their daily meet up at the park with Ceci to see Cherie at her lunch time. I sit at my usual spot on my piano bench, switching my glass of vodka into a tea cup to not be spotted drinking so early in the morning. My mind feels groggy and overused as I try to remember the song lyrics to go along with the tune I've written. It's a rather long, ongoing song, but I think it's a bloody masterpiece!

A knock on the door stops me from my work that wasn't even progressing anyway. With a heavy sigh, I grip my hand to the top of my cane and shift to the doorway. Opening it I see a smiling Roger with baby Emmy in his arms. I'm glad it's not Charla coming for another therapy session since I've been purposely avoiding her calls to set up appointments.

I don't say anything unless you count the grunt I let out as I move aside allowing Roger to enter.

"I've just come to see if you need anything, being here all day alone and what not," he smiles at me, but I catch the sideways glance of sympathy in his eye.

"Will you lot ever leave me be?! I'm alive, ain't I?!," I scoff at him and keep moving back towards the kitchen. My cane making loud clacks ahajnst the floor with every shuffling step.

As I pass through the kitchen doorway, I hear the quick steps of my friend coming up behind me.

"So Rose was right. You are a bit of a grump these days. You know, Fred, everyone is just extremely worr-"

"Worried?! Yes, yes I know! I'm tired of being everyone's case of pity, now if you don't mind I'm busy.," I don't look up at him as I pour another hefty serving of clear alcohol into my tea cup.

"Bloody hell....," Roger sounds exasperated and snatches the bottle of vodka from my hand. "This is not going to help you, Freddie. You've got your own wife calling my home phone for Rose every day, she's really worr-"

"Yes worried! We've been over this, Rog. Now give me back-" He keeps pulling the bottle out of my reach as I try to pry it from his grip. My fingers touch the glass and just as they do, Roger quickly moves backward and I collapse over my cane onto the cold tile floor.

"Shit, I'm sorry! Here let me,"

"I DONT NEED YOUR FUCKING HELP! GET OUT! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!,"

At the thundering sound of my voice, Emmy wakes up and immediately starts to cry. I push myself slowly up to my knees with the strength in my arms and try to apologize to Roger.