34.) I Tried To Catch A Dream

A/N:

This chapter is all in Cherie's POV. I think the next one will have some Freddie, but who knows!

Anyway-
Enjoy 😍
Xx❤️

One week later

Cherie:

"So you just left the house without saying anything? Classy move," Rose rolls her eyes and laughs as she continues to pick at her salad.

"No, I told the twins I'd be home later," I shrug, before taking a long sip of my lemon water.

"Jesus, Cherie. I really don't have to have a date night. I don't want to push Emmy on you when you and Fred are-,"

"Don't be stupid! You said yourself you have to have that talk with Roger. Having our goddaughter around will only lighten both mine and Freddie's moods. We're not fighting, just not talking is all,"

"Oh, is that all...," She smirks at me and I use my thumb and middle finger to flick the tip of her nose.

"Stop that!," I chuckle at her shocked face. We're just the same children, even after all this time.

———————————————————————

"Where were you?,"

As soon as I reach the front steps, Freddie is sitting there with a cuppa tea in his hands.

"Stop ignoring me, damnit!,"

"What, Freddie? I just got home- what do you want?!,"

His nostrils flare the moment my tone turns vile and I can make out how hard he is clenching his teeth by the way the sides of his jaw bulges.

"Why didn't you tell me you we're leaving? It took the twins an hour to remember to tell me!,"

"I had an early lunch with Rose, we're babysitting Emmy for the night. They should be here soon- lay off me..,"

I walk passed him and into the house; he follows heavy on my tracks.

"Do you really think having any additional children around is the best thing for this situation right now?," I stand at the stove, pouring my own cup of tea, while he blocks the way to the refrigerator.

"And what situation do you mean exactly? We're talking now, aren't we?," He crosses his arms when I open the fridge door by reaching around him. He's so close-

"I need the milk," I say when he still doesn't move.

"Say please," His arms wrap around my waist and he purses his big, pink lips to me.

"Freddie- move," His grip easily loosens when I pull away. I grab the oh- so-important prop from the fridge and spill a few drops into my tea before sitting at the counter stool.

"Are you just going to keep rejecting me, Cherie? So I can just stop trying already...,"

I can't really understand his anger. He knows that I'm still pissed off and you know what? I have every right to be! He's lucky I'm still staying here...

"I think I hear Charlie calling you-,"

"Nice try, they're both with John," He shakes his head, I can tell he's growing more frustrated with me by the minute- but I can't break away from this gut wrenching disgust. It's tearing me apart. It's tearing us apart.